New User - Empty Database issue with new install

Default New User - Empty Database issue with new install

Hello, I seem to be stuck during the installation process. I am a new user.

I have tried both the Express Install and the Advanced Install. On the Advanced Install, I select:
    * Create a new HM3 database
    * Use default location in Documents
    * Import hands from 1000 hand sample database to experiment with
    * Select all HUDs
    * Select Beginner HUD
    * Finish

Both methods (Express or Advanced) produce a MyHM3Database.hmdb that has a file size of 0 bytes.

Also, the program itself never opens. I see the Server running in my system tray, but I never see the application open. If I try launching the application, it says another instance is running.

If I open Task Manager and end both tasks (the application and the server), then open HM3 a dialog pops up about the database incorrect and I need to go through the wizard all over again, back to choosing between express and advanced.

Any ideas here? Thanks!

I have exactly the same problem.

I just tried shutting down hm3, renaming my db file, then launched HM3 and used the Advanced setup wizard steps to create a new db and import 1k hands and could not reproduce the issue described.

Make sure all HM3 process in the Task Manager are ended. Try to download this new empty (192 KB) MyHM3Database.hmdb database that I just created and hosted on my google drive account, then copy/paste it over your 0 KB file to replace it and then double click the new 192 KB file and see if HM3 launches.

This particular issue is resolved for me.

One thing I left out of the first post is that I was doing it inside of Parallels running Windows 10 on an iMac. The problem was that even though the Virtual Machine has read/write access to both the Windows and the Mac OS, HEM3 wasn't happy if I was attempting to write the database on one of the Mac folders.

I fixed it by isolating the Windows environment from the Mac environment so they can no longer see each others files, then re-installing HEM3 and making sure I chose a Windows path for the creation of the database. The database was made fine and the app opened.

Now I'm just trying to troubleshoot some goofy things going on with the Ignition Hand Grabber.

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know what solved your problems.