Notes

Thread: Notes

Default Notes

Is it possible to delete all player notes on hm3?

- Install the SQLite Browser.
    - Launch the SQLite Browser program and then click 'Open Database' option, switch the File Type box to 'All Files' and select your database you want to compact.
    - Open/click the 'Execute SQL' tab and enter the command:
    UPDATE players SET note = ''
    - Note: the '' is 2 single quotes
    - Click the 'Play' button to execute the SQL command
    - Click the 'Write Changes' button
    - Note: If you also color code players you will need to also execute the following SQL command and Write Changes.
    UPDATE players SET color = ''
    Here is a video of me showing how to do this in my test database.

p.s. If you have a lot of notes/colors you will also want to compact the database after you write those changes to the database as instructed below.

- Launch the SQLite Browser program and then click 'Open Database' option, switch the File Type box to 'All Files' and select your database you want to compact.
    - Now click Tools - 'Compact Database...' - 'OK'.
    - The process will likely say 'not responding' but just be patient as it can take a good bit of time for larger databases.
    - When the process finishes the 'Compact Database' window that had popped up will close and then you can close the main DB Browser software.

Here is a short video example of me showing the process on an old test database.

Didnīt understand the compact database instructions it seems that you are purging hands from the database and I donīt want to do that. So you loose hands when you compact the database?
    As for the rest it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by fow View Post
    Didnīt understand the compact database instructions it seems that you are purging hands from the database and I donīt want to do that. So you loose hands when you compact the database?
    As for the rest it worked.
    You only lose hands from the database if you delete them from a report or purge them from the tools menu. Compacting is used AFTER you purge hands, and also if you delete any other data from the database. The steps I gave you removes the notes and colors from those database tables which takes some space. Compacting will reclaim that space. When I tested this on my own test database I had 80 - 90 players with notes and colors in my database that was about 185 MB in total size. After I removed the notes/colors then did that compact I think the database was about 180 MB. If your database had 1,000's of notes/colors that you cleared/removed the space savings could be significant.