Databases
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Databases

Default Databases

My previous desktop crashed. I've manually backed up the database- and archive folder on a usb flashdrive. How do I import/add these hands (in)to my database I use on my new desktop? Do I have to check "allow to reimport files" in the HM3 software?

Thanks in advance !

If you don't have hands in the database, you don't have to worry about that. It won't hurt anything either.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

I don't know exactly what you mean? I have allready 15k hands in the database on my new desktop. How do I exactly import/add these hands from my usb flashdrive into my database on my new desktop?

You can restore the database using the HM3 - Tools - 'Restore Database...' menu option or you can import the hands using the HM3 - File - Import Folder/Files options.

< Multiple Same Replies >
    Last edited by J.M.; 07-21-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Last edited by J.M.; 07-21-2021 at 11:11 PM.

Last edited by J.M.; 07-21-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Last edited by J.M.; 07-21-2021 at 11:14 PM.

I want to make from both the old database on the usb flashdrive ( from the crashed desktop) and the new database (allready 15k hands) on my new desktop, one database by importing the hands from the usb flashdrive into my new database ( 15k hands). What exactly I'll have to do to achieve this?

By restore the database using HM3 - Tools - ' Restore Database ', I guess I only restore the old one from my flashdrive to my new desktop without importing the hands into the new one and than I have 2 seperated databases on my new desktop, the restored old one and the new one. Or am I misunderstood?

Can I achieve one database by importing the hands using the HM3 - File - Import Folder/Files options? And if so, what files and /or folders do I have to import to get these hands from my flashdrive into the new (existing, 15 k hands) database, so I will have only 1 database, the existing new one including the old one. Should I import only the Archive Folder or - File and/or the Database Folder or - File?

Should I toggle on the HM3 > Tools > Settings... > Import > [x] 'Allow reimport of hand histories'and click 'ok', because I have allready hands in the new database. Should I toggle it (always) on while importing old hands, even when I'm importing old hands from another database/desktop into my new existing database (with allready hands in it) on my new desktop?

Or am I completely misunderstood again?

Thanks in advance !

Can I import the old Archive folder (previous crashed desktop), from my usb flashdrive into my existing database (which I allready use and with allready hands in it), to ''combine'' these two databases into one? Or should I do it another way?

The old hands (previous desktop), were never in this database. So I guess I don't have to toggle on "allow reimport handhistories" ?

And what about the player notes, how do I get them from my old database on the flashdrive into my existing database?

Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by J.M.; 07-21-2021 at 12:53 PM.