Problem with Storing HHs on HDD Drive Instead of SSD?

Default Problem with Storing HHs on HDD Drive Instead of SSD?

Hello HM3 Squadron,

In the interest of reducing unnecessary writes to my SSD, I had hoped to be able to use my HDD to store hand histories. I have HM3 installed on the SSD, and have ACR HHs pointed to non-default folder on the HDD. I've updated HM3 to point to this folder. When I'm playing the HUD loads and hands are showing up as the stats change over time, but no hands are being recorded in the live report or overall report from ACR. They appear to just not exist anywhere in the DB.

Ignition HHs are being pulled from the default folder on my C drive. I didn't think I could change the location of this and the import is working fine for them.

In general, is it a problem to store hands on a different drive than where HM3 is installed?

Thanks.

I am not aware of any problems doing what you are doing but I would suggest you configure all sites to write to their default location on the C drive, and keep the HM3 database on the C drive SSD for performance reasons, but configure the HM3 - Tools - Settings - Import - 'Archive Directory:'* to store the hands on your HDD to conserve space on the SSD.

*All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\2016\07\31).* It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.

Thanks I'll try that.