Purge database

Thread: Purge database

Default Purge database

Hi

How can I purge my database in HM3?

Usually in HM2 I usually made it through pgAdmin manually but now I cant find the HM3 databases there, any ideas?

HM3 uses SQLite for the databases instead of PostgreSQL like HM2. If you are purging a large portion of your HM3 database it may be easier and faster to just create a new database then import the hands you want to keep in the database from the C:\HM3Archive folder.

To purge hands first select the specific site hero screen name (not alias name of multiple sites) open the HM3 - Tools - 'Purge Hands...' menu and purge the hands you no longer want in your database. After you purge hands you need to 'Compact' the database manually as instructed below to reclaim that space as we have not yet integrated this feature directly in HM3.

- Install the SQLite Browser.
    - Restart your computer and leave HM3 and the HM3 Server (HUD Only Mode) closed.
    - Launch the SQLite Browser program and then click 'Open Database' option, switch the File Type box to 'All Files' and select your database you want to compact.
    - Now click Tools - 'Compact Database...' - 'OK'.
    - The process will likely say 'not responding' but just be patient as it can take a good bit of time for larger databases.
    - When the process finishes the 'Compact Database' window that had popped up will close and then you can close the main DB Browser software.

Here is a short video example of me showing the process on an old test database.

Hi again

I have done everything you mentioned before but still going very bad and notecaddy not working live.

I have attached an image to show how many resources is taking and if you have any idea of how to solve it. I also tried to create a new database and its going worse than the one was using before.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by durrrrr89 View Post
    Hi again

I have done everything you mentioned before but still going very bad
    You can't purge hands? What happens when you try to purge hands?

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

and notecaddy not working live.
    We on the HM3 team do not provide support for HM3 apps. Please post your NoteCaddy issues in a new thread in the NoteCaddy Forum.

I have attached an image to show how many resources is taking and if you have any idea of how to solve it. I also tried to create a new database and its going worse than the one was using before.
    Thanks![/QUOTE]

What were you doing when this image was taken and what were you trying to do exactly? Were you still trying to purge hands? HM3 uses more RAM than HM2 did so it is not out of the ordinary for the HM3 server to use that much RAM depending on your database size and number of hands in the reports for the active player in the reports.

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

[/QUOTE]

What were you doing when this image was taken and what were you trying to do exactly? Were you still trying to purge hands? HM3 uses more RAM than HM2 did so it is not out of the ordinary for the HM3 server to use that much RAM depending on your database size and number of hands in the reports for the active player in the reports.

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.[/QUOTE]

I was doing nothing, just played a few hands and HM started to slowdown to the point that popups are not loading (even those that are not from notecaddy stats). I'm using HM3 for a while already and its the first time it doesnt go fast and properly , thats why I'm shocked and I have no idea what is going on.

I have just created the ticket support.

Thanks