Bovada

Thread: Bovada

Default Bovada

two questions:

1. equity doesnt always show even tho all cards are known? sometimes it shows other times not anyone know why? regardless if hand went to sd real time or not after i download hands and reveal all hands shouldn't it update after the fact since we have complete info.

2. is their a way yet to aggerate all players to study player pool freq's in whatever spot. i.e i want to filter all the hands where river got check raised not just the ones i was involved in. just anytime that action has occurred between any players.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by GetBetter View Post
    two questions:

1. equity doesnt always show even tho all cards are known? sometimes it shows other times not anyone know why? regardless if hand went to sd real time or not after i download hands and reveal all hands shouldn't it update after the fact since we have complete info.
    HM3 uses the same equity code as PT4 now which is more accurate and less biased than the code we used for equity in HM2.

In a hand where a player is all-in but other players are not, net adjusted results are not calculated. When one player is all-in preflop and other players are not, then they usually have the option to act postflop and this means that sometimes one of them will fold. Having the option to fold* after another street is dealt means that in the long run there will be more strong hands which get to showdown and less weak hands. If we were to calculate net adjusted results in hands like this it would introduce a systematic bias (because there will be more known strong hands) so we exclude all hands like this from net adjusted calculations. You can read more about this here.

*Note: Attempting to calculate adjusted results when unknown but folded cards already called the all-in also introduce a bias into the results so HM3 does not make these calculations in any situation where a player calls the all-in and later folds (even if it's on the same street).

If the hands in question do not meet the above criteria: Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ. Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

2. is their a way yet to aggerate all players to study player pool freq's in whatever spot. i.e i want to filter all the hands where river got check raised not just the ones i was involved in. just anytime that action has occurred between any players.

Thank You
    The only way currently to study population stats is to create an alias for those players then set that that alias to be the active player in the reports for analysis, but please be aware that it can be very resource intensive to link all villains to an alias so you should have a powerful computer with lots of ram if attempting this. If you want to create an alias with a lot of villains you can do it via the NoteCaddy Premium Aliases feature that creates an alias based on a color definition.

Note: This technique can also cause erroneous results in the reports if some of the villain's you aliased together have played hands against each other. An alias is designed to join 2 or more hero screen names that would not have played against each other so while this is possible to do it is not something we officially support or recommend.

We also released a new HM3 Range Wizard App that will make population study much easier. We have a free version of the Range Wizard app under the HM3 - Apps menu if you click 'Get HM3 Apps...'.

The Range Wizard FAQs can be found here and we have a few videos about it here.

hey thanks for the reply
    1. im not talking about alev adjusted. im talking about the hand replayer when u rewatch a hand. i.e u have aa23r v kk23r and ur all in pre it 75%/25% . or u have aa23 v kk23 and call a turn bet on T549 should be 80/20. sometimes it displays this data other times not. im talking strictly about bovada where all cards are known after you dl them. shouldn't it always show this information any street?

2. i play plo will range wizard wok for plo. adding in bovada players not really possible because of all the individual screen names hm3 assigns to each of them and you have to click them one by one to aggregate. aggerating players is also just a workout around too all i really want to do is, i basically just want to study certain lines regardless if im the hero or not, say c/c c/c cr and certain lines with certain textures say Axx x xFlushcard with c/c c/c chk/bet/raise or any paired board with a raise RRx bet/raise.

Thanks for the Help

hey thanks for the reply
    1. im not talking about alev adjusted. im talking about the hand replayer when u rewatch a hand. i.e u have aa23r v kk23r and ur all in pre it 75%/25% . or u have aa23 v kk23 and call a turn bet on T549 should be 80/20. sometimes it displays this data other times not. im talking strictly about bovada where all cards are known after you dl them. shouldn't it always show this information any street?
    It should show the equity for the players that went to showdown. If that is not happening for some hands please send us the original hand history files, and screenshots/details of the issue, as instructed at the end of the FAQ linked above and include a link to this forum thread.

2. i play plo will range wizard wok for plo. adding in bovada players not really possible because of all the individual screen names hm3 assigns to each of them and you have to click them one by one to aggregate. aggerating players is also just a workout around too all i really want to do is, i basically just want to study certain lines regardless if im the hero or not, say c/c c/c cr and certain lines with certain textures say Axx x xFlushcard with c/c c/c chk/bet/raise or any paired board with a raise RRx bet/raise.

Thanks for the Help
    Unfortunately Range Wizard only works for Holdem.

[QUOTE=fozzy71;2516288]It should show the equity for the players that went to showdown. If that is not happening for some hands please send us the original hand history files, and screenshots/details of the issue, as instructed at the end of the FAQ linked above and include a link to this forum thread.

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem, no equity %s in the replayer for Bovada non-showdown hands even though all of the cards are known since they are Bovada HHs. I assume it's some issue with them not being showdown hands but seems like it should work anyway. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bluhorseshoe View Post

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem, no equity %s in the replayer for Bovada non-showdown hands even though all of the cards are known since they are Bovada HHs. I assume it's some issue with them not being showdown hands but seems like it should work anyway. Thanks!
    This is not specific to Ignition, it affects all sites in hands where the hero folds before showdown. HM2 showed the equity in the replayer for these hands but HM3 does not.

HMT-5169: Hero Equity not showing when folds before showdown

This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5169 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email. I do not have an estimate for when this issue will be resolved. We do not give estimates until it has been confirmed as implemented/resolved by our testers and the release is imminent.