Is Notecaddy still alive?

Default Is Notecaddy still alive?

Hello. Notecaddy last update 2.9.96.0 was on April 10th. Users pointed out critical problems with it - 1.5 months have passed, there are no updates, the last time on this forum support answered ~10 days ago. Is the project in crisis?

For me, in HM2, 2.9.90 was last version in which the statistics on the screen were updated during the game.
    In 2.9.91 i had only 2 options - 1) Restart HM or 2) Choose Tools > Player Notes - after that statistics will updated for this particular player.

After 2.9.91: 2.9.93>2.9.96 it's impossible to create notes, creation stuck on last hand:

and after stop > Start starts all over again.

New small base, factory NC settings...

Quote Originally Posted by FALOs View Post
    Hello. Notecaddy last update 2.9.96.0 was on April 10th. Users pointed out critical problems with it - 1.5 months have passed, there are no updates, the last time on this forum support answered ~10 days ago. Is the project in crisis?

For me, in HM2, 2.9.90 was last version in which the statistics on the screen were updated during the game.
    In 2.9.91 i had only 2 options - 1) Restart HM or 2) Choose Tools > Player Notes - after that statistics will updated for this particular player.

After 2.9.91: 2.9.93>2.9.96 it's impossible to create notes, creation stuck on last hand:

and after stop > Start starts all over again.

New small base, factory NC settings...
    Hi FALOs,

A long awaited update v2.9.97.0 has been released just a couple days ago. I believe it fixes a lot of issues. I don't believe it is released for HM2 though. I will ask if there will be a version released for HM2.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi FALOs,

A long awaited update v2.9.97.0 has been released just a couple days ago. I believe it fixes a lot of issues. I don't believe it is released for HM2 though. I will ask if there will be a version released for HM2.
    Hello bro, you're back

Yes, it seems like the 97 version is not available now.
    At the moment, I have consistently tested all versions of the program starting from the 82nd, and here are the results of the "updates":

As I understand it, you are the creator of this package https://notecaddyedge.com and are you trying to somehow support the main product? And I am a very old NC user, literally from its first days, even with HM1+NC, and I cannot understand what is happening?
    As you can see on my print screen from update to update, the key functionality of the program more and more refused to work and starting from version 9.93 the program became useless at all for me.
    Were hired programmers who are very poorly guided in the program code, or the code is so poorly structured that figuratively speaking, while changing the font in the replayer, the key functionality of the program breaks down?

I am ready to test the program, spend some time on it, if there is a normal feedback from the developers. While this is imperceptible - only you maintains connection with users, and when you do not get in touch, it becomes completely sad.
    Last edited by FALOs; 06-05-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Hello bro, you're back

Yes, it seems like the 97 version is not available now.
    At the moment, I have consistently tested all versions of the program starting from the 82nd, and here are the results of the "updates":

As I understand it, you are the creator of this package https://notecaddyedge.com and are you trying to somehow support the main product? And I am a very old NC user, literally from its first days, even with HM1+NC, and I cannot understand what is happening?
    As you can see on my print screen from update to update, the key functionality of the program more and more refused to work and starting from version 9.93 the program became useless at all for me.
    Were hired programmers who are very poorly guided in the program code, or the code is so poorly structured that figuratively speaking, while changing the font in the replayer, the key functionality of the program breaks down?

I am ready to test the program, spend some time on it, if there is a normal feedback from the developers. While this is imperceptible - only you maintains connection with users, and when you do not get in touch, it becomes completely sad.
    NC Edge, hello I understand that maybe my message above was too general, but is there any hope that the developers will at least return broken functionality to Notecaddy that worked fine in version 2.6.14 because I fear they have an idea to switch to HM3 completely? I no longer ask for more - only to correct the mistakes that were not there before.
    I have a whole list of logic bugs, but I see no point in publishing them, when, in principle, I cannot start creating notes in the latest versions.
    For example, yesterday I discovered that "Effective Stack" and "SPR" are generally broken in a multi way pot - If player A has 100bb, player B has 100bb on the flop, and player C has 1bb, then effective stack for all players is determined by Notcaddy as 1bb. Same with SPR. And since I play Omaha where Multi way pots are common, then my definitions using SPR and the effective stack ofthen not working correctly. And this is just 1 bug out of many ...
    Last edited by FALOs; 06-08-2021 at 09:24 PM.

NC Edge, hello I understand that maybe my message above was too general, but is there any hope that the developers will at least return broken functionality to Notecaddy that worked fine in version 2.6.14 because I fear they have an idea to switch to HM3 completely? I no longer ask for more - only to correct the mistakes that were not there before.
    I have a whole list of logic bugs, but I see no point in publishing them, when, in principle, I cannot start creating notes in the latest versions.
    For example, yesterday I discovered that "Effective Stack" and "SPR" are generally broken in a multi way pot - If player A has 100bb, player B has 100bb on the flop, and player C has 1bb, then effective stack for all players is determined by Notcaddy as 1bb. Same with SPR. And since I play Omaha where Multi way pots are common, then my definitions using SPR and the effective stack ofthen not working correctly. And this is just 1 bug out of many ...
    Hi FALOs,

Are you still referring to the HM2 NoteCaddy, or do you mean for the HM3 NoteCaddy?

The HM2 NoteCaddy will get updated again I found out, but the developers have to make some changes for compatibility before it's pushed out.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi FALOs,

Are you still referring to the HM2 NoteCaddy, or do you mean for the HM3 NoteCaddy?

The HM2 NoteCaddy will get updated again I found out, but the developers have to make some changes for compatibility before it's pushed out.
    Still for HM2 NC.