database corrupted, missing hands

Default database corrupted, missing hands

Hi,

So I know for sure my database is corrupted, and I know exactly how I've done it, it was
    loading (waiting for hands progress bar at the start) and then when it froze down I honestly did...
    ctrl+alt+del turned off the process and it would load quicker than at first next time, it would not freeze now neither.
    I don't know SQL or how databases work so I never had an idea I could corrupt my db so the
    old hands wouldn't start loading. I guess I would be careful next time...

When I press the players list and pick my nickname I can see around 160 000 hands (size of the db)
    though only the one's played lately are showing, latest ~5000 hands.

I know you guys been able to perhaps somehow fix the corrupted database after sending some logs,
    could you please help/guide me through the process? I have some "marked hands" that I cannot view
    because they're old and quite frankly all I want is these particular hands.

Kind regards

We can not fix corrupted databases for customers. The only thing I can suggest to try is the basic maintenance feature in the Database Manager but that is unlikely to fix any sort of significant corruption. There are possible ways to fix corrupt databases if you google search things like 'fix corrupt postgresql database' but they are complicated and hard to understand or do if you don't have a background in development or coding.

This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt, or you have hardware problems, you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup. Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    We can not fix corrupted databases for customers. The only thing I can suggest to try is the basic maintenance feature in the Database Manager but that is unlikely to fix any sort of significant corruption. There are possible ways to fix corrupt databases if you google search things like 'fix corrupt postgresql database' but they are complicated and hard to understand or do if you don't have a background in development or coding.

This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt, or you have hardware problems, you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup. Here is a FAQ explaining how to backup your database and all settings in one easy step.
    Thank you very much, sir. Yeah, I thought it's near to impossible, I looked at those solutions with 'fix corrupt postgresql database' and yeah I believe they
    require pretty much understanding SQL to the tee and even though I played with it a little bit before I would say yeah the solutions are very complex and
    not easy to understand, it might take 3 days or 3 weeks or 3 months to even follow up, so yeah perhaps takes more time than it's worth it. It would be more
    simple than this for me to just find those particular hands and mark them again to be honest.

Kind regards,

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post

Yeah man, even though I glimpsed at SQL before I would say these solutions I found on google will take much more time than it's worth it.
    I'd rather just find those hands somehow and mark them again lol. I thought that it's near to impossible to fix a corrupted database, and your reply confirmed it for me.
    Thank you very much for your response though.

Kind regards,

Have a good day