iPoker MTTs - HUD persistently fails to recognise tables as 8-max

Post iPoker MTTs - HUD persistently fails to recognise tables as 8-max

This was a problem with HEM2 too. I hoped that the upgrade would fix the problem - alas, no!

Every time I fire up a new iPoker (Grosvenor) 8-max MTT, HEM3 mis-detects the number of seats. Nearly all iPoker tourneys are 8-max, and have been for quite a while now. (There are a few 6-max, which ARE detected correctly.)

This is a bigger problem than it sounds - unfortunately it's compounded by a secondary bug...

Best case scenario, obviously I click set table size >> 8 seats which usually fixes the problem after a few seconds. (Though sometimes not soon enough to use the HUD in the current hand.)

However this is what happens maybe 10% of the time:

I select set table size >> 8 seats.
    The HUD disappears (from that table) ... and never reappears!
    HUDs on other tables carry on working fine (i.e. it hasn't crashed) but I haven't found any way to make the HUD come back on the offending table.

The only solution I've found is to Stop HUD altogether then Start HUD again.
    This makes ALL my iPoker HUDs revert to the WRONG number of seats again. So now I have to set each one manually to 8-max again! Sometimes the HUDs aren't back up for a minute or two. And if I'm unlucky, I get another vanishing HUD - back to square one!

Are these known problems?

Unfortunately this is a known issue related to the lack of table size information in their hand history files I believe which means that IPoker has to improve their hand history file format before the HUD will work properly on those tables. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5178 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

Thanks for the reply.

Can HEM3 not simply assume 8-max for MTTs where there are >6 seats?

I am not aware of any 9+ max tournaments!

I am not a developer so I can't speak to that. I added your comments/questions to the developer ticket to try and increase the priority of this so it can finally be assigned to a developer to see if they can find a solution.