When will this be fixed...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default When will this be fixed...

Hi!

I reported the following 2 bugs of NC in HM2 some months ago and they aren't fixed yet. Can you tell me when they will be?

- The "seek" is not working properly. Being this a fundamental tool to create stats I can't understand why this is not fixed yet.
    - And when one clicks on the NC instances (dots on the caddyscaters) the hands don't show, all players are "Malkovich" and they all have $100. Is this some kind of inside joke?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TiMad View Post
    Hi!

I reported the following 2 bugs of NC in HM2 some months ago and they aren't fixed yet. Can you tell me when they will be?

- The "seek" is not working properly. Being this a fundamental tool to create stats I can't understand why this is not fixed yet.
    - And when one clicks on the NC instances (dots on the caddyscaters) the hands don't show, all players are "Malkovich" and they all have $100. Is this some kind of inside joke?

Thank you

Hi Timad,

You likely need to update your NoteCaddy in HM2. The seek and caddyscatter seem to be working for me without these issues that you mention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can get the current latest NoteCaddy build from http://www.assaultware.com/notecaddy.2.9.96.0.zip (when a newer version is out you can replace the version number in the link).

It can be installed by closing HM2 and unpacking the .zip file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After updating to a Beta version it's always a good idea to reset the NoteCaddy settings:

Be aware that doing this will change your settings in NoteCaddy back to their default settings.

*Resetting HM2 NC Settings*
    1. To reset NC to factory defaults, close HM2 and go into: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    2. In this directory move all of your .xml files into a new folder (these serve as backup files).
    3. Restart HM2, go back into NoteCaddy. Import your ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up previously (NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions).
    4. Once that is done, then go into NoteCaddy → File → Settings, adjust them to your preferences.
    5. Reset and reprocess the notes: http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-r...ddy-notes.ashx

Thank you.

It seems that plenty of versions came out, but I didn't got a notice on the software.
    Even now I looked for updates with an older version and it says that NC is up to date.
    There is no notices now on NC when new updates are available?
    And itīs not possible to update on the software?

The features are working fine on later versions. Just one more thing. It would be nice not to have to wait 15s for the seek to be complete to see the hands. Could you put it like before when the hands were showing up as they were found?

By the way, what is the "definition analysis function" that is mentioned on the following message after the "seek" is complete?
    "Finished. Use the definition analysis function after note creation to see more examples"

Thank you.

It seems that plenty of versions came out, but I didn't got a notice on the software.
    Even now I looked for updates with an older version and it says that NC is up to date.
    There is no notices now on NC when new updates are available?
    And itīs not possible to update on the software?

The features are working fine on later versions. Just one more thing. It would be nice not to have to wait 15s for the seek to be complete to see the hands. Could you put it like before when the hands were showing up as they were found?

By the way, what is the "definition analysis function" that is mentioned on the following message after the "seek" is complete?
    "Finished. Use the definition analysis function after note creation to see more examples"
    Hi TiMad,

You're welcome.

You've got to manually update NoteCaddy unless you reinstall HM2 from here: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...r_2_Update.exe, then go into NoteCaddy and it should ask you to update.

Regarding the seek issue you mention, for me the seek is lightning fast now. It finishes in less than 3 seconds for a stat that has 6k instances when I just checked it. Can you record a seek to show what you're experiencing?

For the message after analysis, it means that you should do the analysis after your notes have processed so that you can get analysis on all hands. For instance if you only processed some of your hands and ran the analysis, it would not show you a full analysis of your database. It's probably something you can disregard.

In some of the previous versions the seek took a little bit more than 15 seconds, but they all made HM2 to crash while I played yesterday.
    Only the latest 2.9.96.0 version didn't crashed HM2 but the seek even takes longer, about 35s. Maybe it has to do with the specs my PC has?
    I also didn't reset anything. Could have the crashes on later versions and the long time of the seek have anything to do with it?

The 2 photos show the only images that appear when doing the seek.
    1 - During.
    2 - After.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (60.5 KB, 3 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (175.6 KB, 4 views)

In some of the previous versions the seek took a little bit more than 15 seconds, but they all made HM2 to crash while I played yesterday.
    Only the latest 2.9.96.0 version didn't crashed HM2 but the seek even takes longer, about 35s. Maybe it has to do with the specs my PC has?
    I also didn't reset anything. Could have the crashes on later versions and the long time of the seek have anything to do with it?

The 2 photos show the only images that appear when doing the seek.
    1 - During.
    2 - After.
    Hi TiMad,

Did you reset your NC settings after you updated NoteCaddy? If not, you may want to try that.

Also you may want to try increasing the thread count in NC to see if makes a difference.

My PC that I tested this on is pretty outdated but the seek was very fast.

Nor the reset of the NC settings or increasing of the thread count gave any results.

You tried with the 2.9.96.0 version? If so, what could be the problem then?
    My PC is quite good except the graphics.

Nor the reset of the NC settings or increasing of the thread count gave any results.

You tried with the 2.9.96.0 version? If so, what could be the problem then?
    My PC is quite good except the graphics.
    Hi TiMad,

Yes I tried in v96 (also in v93).

Could you try importing some hands into a new database and see if the seek is the same in the new database?

Could you try importing some hands into a new database and see if the seek is the same in the new database?
    I did so, and indeed is quite fast, if the database has few hands. The speed of the "seek" seems to be proportional to the size of the database. Do you confirm this? If so, can you work it out to put it like in later versions, where the hands were showing up while they were being discovered?

Another thing, I have some stats I created that are quite similar, only changing their street of action, but only some appear on the popups, even though I confirmed on the "seek" that they are well made. Which email address I can send them to, so I can get some help in understating why they are not appearing?

I did so, and indeed is quite fast, if the database has few hands. The speed of the "seek" seems to be proportional to the size of the database. Do you confirm this? If so, can you work it out to put it like in later versions, where the hands were showing up while they were being discovered?

Another thing, I have some stats I created that are quite similar, only changing their street of action, but only some appear on the popups, even though I confirmed on the "seek" that they are well made. Which email address I can send them to, so I can get some help in understating why they are not appearing?
    Hi TiMad,

I don't think the Seek issue is that important to bring to the developers at the moment. There are more pressing matters for them to diagnose. For most people they will prefer how the seek is now, because it goes through the database and finishes much more quickly. If others agree with you that this is something that is better the other way, I can let the developers know that's the preferred way. For the time being something you can do is have a 'test' database with a smaller amount of hands that you can use when you are editing definitions and using Seek. I think that will work more efficiently for you than even going back to the old way.

You can send a couple of the definitions to me at support@notecaddyedge.com. Did you already try resetting and reprocessing your definitions after you edited the definitions?