Importing popup bug

Default Importing popup bug

Just wondering when the bug will be fixed whereby when you import a popup to an existing HUD all the placements wont be messed up. I have spent a long time positioning my HUD and when i import popups all these positions are lost. It is incredibly frustrating.

Thank you

I did some testing of this and was not able to reproduce the issue using a multi panel/group HUD by simply importing a new popup but I was able to duplicate the issue when I deleted the 'NoteCaddy Trial' popup from my test HUD profile so I forwarded this to the QA/Testing Manager and developers for further review and testing. Here is a short video of me testing the deleting of a popup, is that the type of problem you are experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    I did some testing of this and was not able to reproduce the issue using a multi panel/group HUD by simply importing a new popup but I was able to duplicate the issue when I deleted the 'NoteCaddy Trial' popup from my test HUD profile so I forwarded this to the QA/Testing Manager and developers for further review and testing. Here is a short video of me testing the deleting of a popup, is that the type of problem you are experiencing?
    Thanks for your efforts Fozzy. That is exactly my issue yes. Any popup that i import resets my HUD panel positions. I don't have the Notecaddy Trial popup either i deleted it a long time ago. Unfortunately, at the moment i am unable to import any popups because there is no way i am going thru the pain of setting the positions again.

Also, hopefully in the future we will be able to import and export HUD profiles where the positions are saved. That was the case with HM2 but currently not so with HM3.

Thank you again for your reply.

Just wondering if there is a bug number for this? May i be notified when it is fixed?

Thank you

No, unfortunately there is no bug ticket wrote up for this issue yet as we didn't make much progress on narrowing down all the possible causes in the Slack discussion I had with our QA/Testing Manager about this. i.e. I was only able to duplicate the issue by deleting a popup, not by importing a popup like you described. I just set a reminder for this in Slack and will try and do more detailed testing on this next week and if I get something wrote up for this I will update this forum thread with that information once I have it.

Would it be possible for you to zip/compress and send us one of your multi-panel HUD profiles and an extra popup or two that you believe I might be able to use to duplicate these issues in a support ticket for my testing? p.s. Please make sure you include a link to this thread and your forum user name.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 04-25-2021 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    No, unfortunately there is no bug ticket wrote up for this issue yet as we didn't make much progress on narrowing down all the possible causes in the Slack discussion I had with our QA/Testing Manager about this. i.e. I was only able to duplicate the issue by deleting a popup, not by importing a popup like you described. I just set a reminder for this in Slack and will try and do more detailed testing on this next week and if I get something wrote up for this I will update this forum thread with that information once I have it.

Would it be possible for you to zip/compress and send us one of your multi-panel HUD profiles and an extra popup or two that you believe I might be able to use to duplicate these issues in a support ticket for my testing? p.s. Please make sure you include a link to this thread and your forum user name.
    Done mate - ticket#632553. I didn't zip it though is that a problem?

Thanks for your help.

The *.hm3hud files came through attached to your ticket and myself or one of the other guys will try testing with those HUD profiles later this week to see if we can duplicate your issues.

p.s. I tried a little testing of this yesterday using HM3 default HUD profiles that I split into 2 panels, and some customer popups, and I was not able to duplicate the problem importing popups or even if I deleted that NC Trial popup like I could before.