Question about, Preflop average strength

Default Question about, Preflop average strength

before the last update, the average preflop strength range was 1-169, now 1-100 which is really uncomfortable, but not a problem. The problem is that notecaddy also keeps the preflop implicit strength in the total average. I was wondering if it was possible to disable implicit strength only in preflop?
    in previous versions of notecaddy the hand ranking was this
    Immagine 2021-03-09 135316.png
    now i'm very confused because. for all premium hands it always gives me the value 100. i don't know if it's a bug or if there is another ranking of hands?

Quote Originally Posted by arawoy View Post
    before the last update, the average preflop strength range was 1-169, now 1-100 which is really uncomfortable, but not a problem. The problem is that notecaddy also keeps the preflop implicit strength in the total average. I was wondering if it was possible to disable implicit strength only in preflop?
    in previous versions of notecaddy the hand ranking was this
    Immagine 2021-03-09 135316.png
    now i'm very confused because. for all premium hands it always gives me the value 100. i don't know if it's a bug or if there is another ranking of hands?
    Hi arawoy,

You're right about the Preflop average strength changing from 1-169 to 1-100, I didn't notice this until now.

I don't believe there is any way to only disable implicits for Preflop. They have to be totally disabled or enabled for both Preflop and Postflop.

I think the implicits should likely not be included in the average strength calculation, so I will write up a ticket for the developers inquiring about this. Thank you for bringing it up. I'll report back when I hear from them.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi arawoy,

You're right about the Preflop average strength changing from 1-169 to 1-100, I didn't notice this until now.

I don't believe there is any way to only disable implicits for Preflop. They have to be totally disabled or enabled for both Preflop and Postflop.

I think the implicits should likely not be included in the average strength calculation, so I will write up a ticket for the developers inquiring about this. Thank you for bringing it up. I'll report back when I hear from them.

Hi. thank you for answering.
    1.I noticed that, the preflop sparkgraph, considers hands made posflop (1-100).
    Untitled 1.jpg
    2. in the settings I had always disabled implicit results. but in the spark it still shows "implicit Strength / weak".

i don't think it's a problem with my computer or operating system as i formatted everything a few days ago and I've done all the updates.

Hi. thank you for answering.
    1.I noticed that, the preflop sparkgraph, considers hands made posflop (1-100).
    Untitled 1.jpg
    2. in the settings I had always disabled implicit results. but in the spark it still shows "implicit Strength / weak".

i don't think it's a problem with my computer or operating system as i formatted everything a few days ago and I've done all the updates.
    Hi arawoy,

1. I'm not able to get the postflop pie graph popup to appear when hovering over any Preflop SparkGraphs. Are you using HM2 or HM3? If you are using HM2, which version of NoteCaddy are you on (NC → Help → About NoteCaddy)? I tested this in HM3.

Does this always happen for you? If you restart your HoldemManager does it happen again? If it does happen, can you please upload one of your definitions that this happens with so that I can test with it?

2. I don't see any proof of your SparkGraphs showing 'Implicit Strength / Weakness' in your screenshot. Am I missing it? Can you please point it out to me?

Hi arawoy,

1. I'm not able to get the postflop pie graph popup to appear when hovering over any Preflop SparkGraphs. Are you using HM2 or HM3? If you are using HM2, which version of NoteCaddy are you on (NC → Help → About NoteCaddy)? I tested this in HM3.

Does this always happen for you? If you restart your HoldemManager does it happen again? If it does happen, can you please upload one of your definitions that this happens with so that I can test with it?

2. I don't see any proof of your SparkGraphs showing 'Implicit Strength / Weakness' in your screenshot. Am I missing it? Can you please point it out to me?

Hi.
    1.I am using NC version 2.9.88.0 on HM3. (Before I formatted the computer I couldn't see any graphs. After that they all appeared.)
    2. In my Hud settings, imlicit weak / srength is set to 20/80. but implicit is disabled in "note settings".
    Untitled 1.png

Hi.
    1.I am using NC version 2.9.88.0 on HM3. (Before I formatted the computer I couldn't see any graphs. After that they all appeared.)
    2. In my Hud settings, imlicit weak / srength is set to 20/80. but implicit is disabled in "note settings".
    Untitled 1.png
    Hi arawoy,

Please try turning Implicit Strength / Weakness both to 0 in your settings, and then reset and reprocess your notes, and I think it will work as you expect it to.

Hi arawoy,

Please try turning Implicit Strength / Weakness both to 0 in your settings, and then reset and reprocess your notes, and I think it will work as you expect it to.
    Yes. The implicit disappeared ^^. this only made me confirm that strength is calculated with the postflop hand made and is no longer based on a preflop hands ranking. for example: i go all in preflop with [3h 2s] and i made poker on the flop, with variable $cardrange, notecaddy prints me avaragestrength = 100.
    the statistic I wanted to calculate in composit_definition with avaragestrength was: (NC.RFI.AvaregStrength / NC.RFI.PopulationAverageStrength * 100) -100 = $strengthversusaverage . but as it is set up now notecaddy would make no sense.

Yes. The implicit disappeared ^^. this only made me confirm that strength is calculated with the postflop hand made and is no longer based on a preflop hands ranking. for example: i go all in preflop with [3h 2s] and i made poker on the flop, with variable $cardrange, notecaddy prints me avaragestrength = 100.
    the statistic I wanted to calculate in composit_definition with avaragestrength was: (NC.RFI.AvaregStrength / NC.RFI.PopulationAverageStrength * 100) -100 = $strengthversusaverage . but as it is set up now notecaddy would make no sense.
    Hi arawoy,

The developer mentioned "if values are set for implicit strength as hand strengths then it is by design to include that in the averages".

So you would likely want to turn off the implicit values if you want them not to skew your average strengths.