Notecaddy and HM3, not showing stats in live play but working in replayer
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    29

    Default Notecaddy and HM3, not showing stats in live play but working in replayer

    Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with notecaddy.

    The stats that I've created won't show up in the HUD during liveplay (says no occurrence (0/0)), but I can, simultaneously, open a hand I've just played in the replayer, and there the stats pop up instantly.
    So the definitions etc. work fine, it's some problem with the live HUD and notecaddy not communicating correctly. Normal HM3 stats are unaffected.
    I've tried looking at the settings, resetting the notes, backup/restore database, reinstalling hm3... nothing worked.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Some update on the issue, it works when I manually stop and start note processing in notecaddy. But it will not update the stats any further after that; I would need to constantly stop and start after every hand.

  3. #3
    Moderator NotecaddyEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiamMiam View Post
    Some update on the issue, it works when I manually stop and start note processing in notecaddy. But it will not update the stats any further after that; I would need to constantly stop and start after every hand.
    Hi MiamMiam,

    Which site are you playing at, and which types of tables? Is there a hand converter involved?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Nothing like that, I'm playing SpinNGos on Winamax.

    I use to have notecaddy with Hm2 and there were two options: the "turbo hand grabber", and another one just next to it in the settings. I remember I had similar issues when I was activating both. I know it's different now with postgresql removed etc., but could it be related? Like if they are now automatically "on" with no way to disable them?

  5. #5
    Moderator NotecaddyEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiamMiam View Post
    Nothing like that, I'm playing SpinNGos on Winamax.

    I use to have notecaddy with Hm2 and there were two options: the "turbo hand grabber", and another one just next to it in the settings. I remember I had similar issues when I was activating both. I know it's different now with postgresql removed etc., but could it be related? Like if they are now automatically "on" with no way to disable them?
    Hi MiamMiam,

    Yeah turbo hand grabber isn't an option anymore in the HM3 NC. Probably a different method is used that is better, since note creation is so much faster now.

    I think your issue is related to some other issues that have been reported to the developers already. Hopefully the next update will address this.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi MiamMiam,

    Yeah turbo hand grabber isn't an option anymore in the HM3 NC. Probably a different method is used that is better, since note creation is so much faster now.

    I think your issue is related to some other issues that have been reported to the developers already. Hopefully the next update will address this.
    Thanks for your reply,
    Do you have any insight on what those issues are? While waiting for an update, I'm wondering if I can tweak some things in Windows settings or regedit to try and make it better (at my own risk ofc)

  7. #7
    Moderator NotecaddyEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiamMiam View Post
    Thanks for your reply,
    Do you have any insight on what those issues are? While waiting for an update, I'm wondering if I can tweak some things in Windows settings or regedit to try and make it better (at my own risk ofc)
    You're welcome, MiamMiam. The issue you're having sounds familiar to an issue where NC stats are not updating for some certain game types/sites, until the notes are reprocessed. I don't think there is anything you can do on your end to solve the issue.

    For a temporary workaround you can run NoteCaddy → File → Preload player notes periodically throughout your session to get your notes up to date. I know that's not ideal, but at least you can get your notes working until a fix is pushed out.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I've just noticed something: I'm using the new "temporary RAM drive" feature but no notes get written on it! Even when I use the replayer, where notecaddy works.
    The drive just contain small .pgn files for less than 20MB

    Unchecking the Ram drive option doesn't fix notecaddy tough. But it's some insight into the problem.

  9. #9
    Moderator NotecaddyEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiamMiam View Post
    I've just noticed something: I'm using the new "temporary RAM drive" feature but no notes get written on it! Even when I use the replayer, where notecaddy works.
    The drive just contain small .pgn files for less than 20MB

    Unchecking the Ram drive option doesn't fix notecaddy tough. But it's some insight into the problem.
    Hi MiamMiam,

    What you explained is normal. NC temporarily stores its images for the cache on the RAM drive so that it can load them more quickly.

Similar Threads

  1. HM3 live play not tracking
    By cantunho in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2018, 07:29 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2018, 08:19 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 07:12 AM
  4. Hero notecaddy stats in replayer and live play
    By nabz in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 01:20 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 01:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •