HM3 Starts and Crashes, but HUD works

Default HM3 Starts and Crashes, but HUD works

Hi,

My HM3 had been working fine, then a few times today I got the blue screen of death. I updated my computers drivers, and that seems to have fixed it. However, now when I open up HM3, it says initializing, then nothing happens. There are no related programs open in Task Manager, and if I click it again, the same thing happens(leading me to believe that its not open or frozen someplace, but crashing). When I open the HM3 HUD only, the HUD works, but I still can't see or do anything related to the client.

Thanks,
    Jason

If you open the HUD Only then open the normal HM3 shortcut does it show up on screen, in the task bar, or in the task manager?

If you continue to have problems:

Please create a support ticket with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please reproduce and screenshot the Desktop and Task Manager and send us both your Windows Event Viewer application logs, and your \Desktop\HM3logs\ folder of files, as instructed below with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing:

a) Open Windows Event Viewer's (Control Panel - System & Security - Administrative Tools or Start - Search - 'Event Viewer') - Windows Logs - Applications.
    - Check for any errors and send the information (right-click - Save All Events As...) and compress*/attach that file to this support ticket.
    - Here is a short video showing how to collect those event viewer logs.

b) Also send the following HM3Logs files manually:
    - Close HM3 and the Holdem Manager Server icon in the system tray.
    - If it is not running or fully launched please open your Windows Task Manager and right-click - End Task on 'Holdem Manager 3', 'HM3 HUD' and 'HoldemManager.Server' if you see them.
    - Click Start (Windows Icon) - Holdem Manager 3 - 'Copy HM3 Log Files to Desktop'
    - Then zip* and attach all (Ctrl+A - Right-Click - Send to - Compressed (zipped) folder) files in that folder to a support ticket here with a detailed, step by step, description of what you did before the error.
    - Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.
    - Here is a short video showing how to collect those HM3logs.

Note: When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like filedropper.com and copy/paste the download link directly into the support ticket email.

Hi,

The same started happening to me today. If I open HUD only and then full HM3 then its icon appears in the taskbar but when clicking it nothing happens.

Do I need to create a separate ticket or is this a common issue? By the way, last time I closed working HM3 it said there were some errors and it would send a report. After that it didn't start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    Hi,

The same started happening to me today. If I open HUD only and then full HM3 then its icon appears in the taskbar but when clicking it nothing happens.

Do I need to create a separate ticket or is this a common issue? By the way, last time I closed working HM3 it said there were some errors and it would send a report. After that it didn't start again.
    If you hover over the HM3 taskbar icon do you see a preview/peek of the HM3 interface? If you do: It is open but is being displayed outside the borders of your display. This can happen as a result of Windows updates, graphics driver updates, if you added/removed a monitor or edited some of your Windows Display Settings options.

Please follow this FAQ to fix the problem with windows moving off screen:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...eyboard-trick/

Note: You may have to use the Ctrl key with the Arrow keys or Mouse to get it to start moving.

If you continue to have problems:

- Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - Open Windows File Explorer and browse to - C:\Users\{WindowsUserName}\AppData\Local\Max_Value _Software_LLC
    - If you can't see it, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+
    - Select and delete ALL the folders/files you see there.
    - Now Restart HM3 and it will open near the top left corner of your primary monitor.

If none of that helps please reproduce/screenshot the issue then send the logs and screenshots as instructed in the post above.

Thanks a lot fozzy, the arrow key trick worked!

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know what solved your problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.