Hud 2.0

Thread: Hud 2.0

Default Hud 2.0

I'm sorry to be negative Nancy again, but I'm very much in the process of deciding if I should stick with HM3 or make the switch to H2N. I want to stay since I've been using HM since launch of HM1, but at the same time there are so many bugs and strange design choices in HM3 that it honestly feels like a big downgrade from HM2 in too many areas.

I know you are not a developer fozzy, but perhaps you can have someone with knowledge of both the reasoning for deciding on a whole new system for huds only about 18 months after release of HM3, and how the new hud system will work? It would help me a lot knowing at least a little bit about what to expect and an estimate of when to expect it. Yesterday I thought I was finally ready to start playing with HM3 as my ingame hud and tracker, but this morning I found 2 more things that don't work and I'm back to manually change hundreds of entries and searching for answers to why it's not working, and so I am forced to use HM2 which only works on 2 of the 3 sites I play since 1 of them upgraded their software.

The hud system is a very central part HM and at the moment I'm struggling to get it to work and instead of getting things fixed I am told you are remaking the whole hud system (which could become great, but doesn't help me here and now).

Can you try and get some more information on it, please?

/B

HM3 is currently using the PT4 HUD engine which was developed nearly a decade ago so the developers are going to design a new HUD engine for HM3 so we can add more new/missing features and a more modern HUD/Popup Editor system. I have no official estimate as to how long it will be until it is finished and implemented. I would guess it will be late this year at the earliest if all goes well.

If you are having HUD problems with HM3 you need to report those to us in a support ticket with screenshots/details of the issues and your logs/hands from a session as instructed at the end of this FAQ.

Wow, thanks for that. I had no idea about the pt4 hud engine. That explains a lot, I guess. Now I understand why it's not great, and why you would want to redesign it. At the same time it kind of makes me a bit more irritated that the decision to skip updating hm2 was made before HM3 actually works well.

I hope you can understand that I appreciate your work at the same time that I am very critical of the state of the product and some decisions made. One of the things I've always been a bit critical about and that is peaking now is the feeling that we as users are expected to take part in developing the software and be very active in assisting with solving errors and bugs. I know you don't really mean that I NEED to report my hud problems and send a bunch of information, I just need to do it if I want to try and speed up the fix for those issues. I don't NEED to use HM3 at all. I do want to, but I might not want to if it means I have to do all that extra work.

/B