Deleting imported hand histories

Default Deleting imported hand histories

Hello,

I bought some hand histories, but it ruined my database and I want to delete it. Is there a way to do it?

Lets say I would Purge hands and would save hands played by myself only, will it isoliate (delete) those new bought hands and I would see only the hands that I collected myself?
    Also if I purge hands, is there a way to undo that later?

Thank you
    Last edited by LeBronas; 02-24-2021 at 12:44 AM.

What do you mean by it 'ruined' the database exactly? If the database is corrupted somehow then you should just create a new database and import only your own hands to the new database from the C:\HM3Archive (and C:\HM2Archive) then delete the old database. If the database is not corrupted it may still be better/faster to just create a new database and import your own played hands depending on how many hero hands you have in the database and how many non-hero hands you imported that you want to purge.

If you purge hands the only way to 'undo' it later is to import those hands again.

Your method of purging and saving hands played by your heroes should work in theory but you will also want to compact the database afterwards to reclaim the space from those purged hands.

- Install the SQLite Browser.
    - Restart your computer and leave HM3 and the HM3 Server (HUD Only Mode) closed.
    - Launch the SQLite Browser program and then click 'Open Database' option, switch the File Type box to 'All Files' and select your database you want to compact.
    - Now click Tools - 'Compact Database...' - 'OK'.
    - The process will likely say 'not responding' but just be patient as it can take a good bit of time for larger databases.
    - When the process finishes the 'Compact Database' window that had popped up will close and then you can close the main DB Browser software.

Here is a short video example of me showing the process on an old test database.