"Missing Notecaddy stat definition"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "Missing Notecaddy stat definition"

Hey, I just installed HEM3 and tried to import my HEM2 configs and Notecaddy stats. I bought a subscription for HEM3 with 4 Month of free notecaddy usage.
    The problem I am facing is that all the old stats that i created in Notecaddy HEM2 are simply displayed as the following sign in my hud, when I hover above them the message in the title of this thread shows. How can i solve this?

Unnamed.png

Quote Originally Posted by damici View Post
    Hey, I just installed HEM3 and tried to import my HEM2 configs and Notecaddy stats. I bought a subscription for HEM3 with 4 Month of free notecaddy usage.
    The problem I am facing is that all the old stats that i created in Notecaddy HEM2 are simply displayed as the following sign in my hud, when I hover above them the message in the title of this thread shows. How can i solve this?

Unnamed.png
    Hi damici,

You need to import your HUD again. The definitions have to be active in NoteCaddy at the time that the HUD is imported. So to resolve it:

1. Delete the HUD you imported into HM3
    2. Import your Note Definitions that your HUD uses into the HM3 NoteCaddy, reset and process the notes
    3. Import the HUD again into HM3

Hey thank you, that issue was solved back then.

However, my 4 months trial of Notecaddy ran out, I bought the 1 year license but somehow im now experiencing that same problem with the icons again.

This time the message says: "invalid response from Notecaddy" when I hover above the same icons, I also get an error report message from Hem3

I tried the same approach as before, but that doesn't work

any ideas on this?

Super Moderator

Hello,

If those are badges, most likely the name/path the HUD is asking for does not exist as a NC.stat. To fix this check while hovering over the icon on the message, look for the name of the stat it is asking for (most likely NC.ordered badge) in HM3 those come ordered with numbers (NC.orderedbadge1...NC.orderedbadge2...) We need to replace those with the ones from the list in HUD editor - add statistic - From the notecaddy misc. folder pick one by one and replace the ones on the HUD.

For stats, deleting and adding it again usually sorts out that issue if its happening on stats as well.

These are the most common cause I have been getting across lately when importing HUDs from HM2 to HM3.

Testing a HUD and definitions like the "default definitions" to understand if it also happens there will also isolate from your HUD/definitions or a Notecaddy issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Best wishes,

jahrumble

Thank you for replying jahrumble.

It's just about stats. I tested around further.

When I add a certain custom created Notecaddy stat to the default Hud for example, then the stat is working fine. But if I add the exact same stat to the Hud that I am using it is only displayed as that icon I provided in the initial post, the message reads " invalid response from Notecaddy".

So I assume that I could just create a new Hud again, thing is that that process is really painful, its complex and big, is there another idea on how this could be worked out?

cheers
    Last edited by damici; 09-29-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Super Moderator

Hello,

Try exporting a table group from your old HUD to a new HM3 HUD. If this works it should shorten the workload for a new HUD in about 70%.

This is a suggestion, not entirely sure it will work, but will test it out as well.

Im on it, great idea, let me check

it does indeed work, thank you very much man. good lad!

Is there a way to "transfer" the position of the different panels aswell?

Super Moderator

Thats great news and helps isolate those issues a bit further.

If I understood you correctly. No. We have to calibrate the new HUD, put all panels in the right spot for very player and then save the HUD layout. Same for mucked cards.

For adjusting the creation of the new HUD, using duplicates of the table groups imported and then deleting a few lines and stats to make the new panels to my personal taste is the way I found to shorten and simplify that workload. i.e. Inital panel had 4 stats. Import it two times to new HUD and delete 2 stats in each of the new ones. VPIP/PFR/3b/3bF, and split it in VPIP/PRF and other 3b/3bF.

I guess that is what I will have to do, unless a mod has another idea.

Thanks for helping a brother out Jahrumble!