question about notes on ACR after installing HM3

Default question about notes on ACR after installing HM3

Question from a noob here about to purchase HM3...I'm a long time player on America's Card Room and have compiled thousands of player notes, will those notes transfer once I have the software installed?

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Mstermisty View Post
    Question from a noob here about to purchase HM3...I'm a long time player on America's Card Room and have compiled thousands of player notes, will those notes transfer once I have the software installed?

Thx
    HM3 can not import player notes from poker clients. If the notes you are referring to are HM2 notes they will transfer when you import the HM2 database, or you can import HM2 notes from a HM2 backup file to the latest HM3 beta version 3.1.21.7756 without importing all the hands in the HM2 database by following this guide.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    HM3 can not import player notes from poker clients. If the notes you are referring to are HM2 notes they will transfer when you import the HM2 database, or you can import HM2 notes from a HM2 backup file to the latest HM3 beta version 3.1.21.7756 without importing all the hands in the HM2 database by following this guide.
    Damn, that's painful, there is absolutely no way around this eh? Any chance this could be rectified in the near future? I've taken so many notes over the years that's it's definitely a debate whether I want to give them up...that said I'm overdue to be using HM3.

Maybe a dumb question, but if I only bought the hold-em software, would my notes still appear anytime I was playing omaha (particularly O8)?

Damn, that's painful. Any chance of this being rectified in the near future where the poker client notes would transfer?

And maybe a dumb question, but if I were to buy the hold-em only software, would my player notes still show up on omaha tables (particularly O8)?

the last post I sent (before this one) can be deleted, didn't realize these posts needed to be approved so I basically typed the same thing twice...my bad

the last post I sent (before this one) can be deleted, didn't realize these posts needed to be approved so I basically typed the same thing twice...my bad
    No worries, I just approved them both to up your post count so you are less likely to have your posts sent to the moderation queue in the future.

Damn, that's painful. Any chance of this being rectified in the near future where the poker client notes would transfer?
    Unfortunately we have no plans for such a feature. Every site is different so our devs would have to code a solution for every site, and maintain that code if a site update broke the feature.

And maybe a dumb question, but if I were to buy the hold-em only software, would my player notes still show up on omaha tables (particularly O8)?
    If you buy a holdem only license you won't be able to see Omaha hands in the reports and you will not be able to see a HUD on Omaha tables. HM3 notes are part of the HUD so you wouldn't be able to see the HM3 HUD or HM3 HUD notes on Omaha tables.

To clarify regarding your first question and the above: Your ACR poker client notes won't transfer to the HM3 database/HUD but you will still be able to see your ACR client player notes like normal in the ACR Holdem and Omaha poker tables like you always have, they just won't be a part of the HM3 HUD note system.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    No worries, I just approved them both to up your post count so you are less likely to have your posts sent to the moderation queue in the future.

Unfortunately we have no plans for such a feature. Every site is different so our devs would have to code a solution for every site, and maintain that code if a site update broke the feature.

If you buy a holdem only license you won't be able to see Omaha hands in the reports and you will not be able to see a HUD on Omaha tables. HM3 notes are part of the HUD so you wouldn't be able to see the HM3 HUD or HM3 HUD notes on Omaha tables.

To clarify regarding your first question and the above: Your ACR poker client notes won't transfer to the HM3 database/HUD but you will still be able to see your ACR client player notes like normal in the ACR Holdem and Omaha poker tables like you always have, they just won't be a part of the HM3 HUD note system.
    OK yes this is what I was hoping for! So basically I will have the HUD and everything that comes with it, but my old notes will still be visible....thanks for clarifying this!

OK yes this is what I was hoping for! So basically I will have the HUD and everything that comes with it, but my old notes will still be visible....thanks for clarifying this!
    Yep, installing and using HM3 HUD will not have any effect on the notes you already have in the ACR client. They will behave the same way they always have within the ACR client.