popups take long to load when using nc notes

Default popups take long to load when using nc notes

Since I switched from hm2 to hm3 the performance of my hud got very bad. Exspecially it takes very long to load popups when I use a lot of nc stats.

1. A fresh installation of windows helped a little, but when I add more custom notecaddy notes the popups start to take longer and longer to load again. I only "refreshed" windows and did not "reset" it (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-c2c1fbceb8dd). Do you think a complete reset could help.

2. Would it help if I further reduce my DB from 250k hands to maybe 50k or 100k?

3. As I play mostly zoom atm I wouldnt mind if the hud and all stats werent updating all the time (so basically no import of new hands whily playing but just for example when I take break). Could this improve performance and if yes is there a way to do this?
    I wrote this allready in the hm general support forum but as the problems seems to get worse when I use more of my custom NC notes I copied it here as well. "Store temporary images on ram drive" is activated. Can I change anything in the NC settings for better hud perfromance?

For example disabeling NC via hm2 while playing ? Reduce the number of threads? not starting automatically note taking process at launch? Change cached note timout? or something else?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    Since I switched from hm2 to hm3 the performance of my hud got very bad. Exspecially it takes very long to load popups when I use a lot of nc stats.

I wrote this allready in the hm general support forum but as the problems seems to get worse when I use more of my custom NC notes I copied it here as well. "Store temporary images on ram drive" is activated. Can I change anything in the NC settings for better hud perfromance?

For example disabeling NC via hm2 while playing ? Reduce the number of threads? not starting automatically note taking process at launch? Change cached note timout? or something else?
    -
    Hi peggy,

Are you noticing a lot of RAM and CPU usage while you play?

How much RAM do you have on your PC?

How many definitions are you using? Are you using a lot of complex composite definitions, which call on other composite definitions?

If you're not concerned about having notes update in real-time at the tables, you can try using the 'Preload' setting. It is supposed to load all of your notes before you play, so that they don't try to load during your session. After using the Preload, when you click a popup the stats should load instantly. To use the Preload, go into NoteCaddy right before you begin your session and click File → Preload all player notes. It might take a few minutes for the Preload to fully run.

Regarding the other settings, I doubt they will have much impact. The things which impact performance the most is the number of definitions used throughout your HUD/Popups, the types of definitions (composites which call upon other composites), computer specs, and number of hands.