Notecaddy bug, creating only aggressive notes (HM2)

Default Notecaddy bug, creating only aggressive notes (HM2)

Hi there,

I've been a HoldemManager user for over 10 years now, been using Notecaddy for over 7. I have been a very happy bunny using both so far, with no major issues.

I use note caddy on a daily basis, it's a big part of my HUD and helps me do extensive database analysis for myself and my students. Notecaddy not working properly basically doesn't allow me to use my HUd, which consists out of ~70% notecaddy stats.

So when discovering yesterday evening, that for both my existing database and a new database, it seems to only create aggressive notes ( screenshot attached below ), I knew something was off.

Setup has remained exactly the same, HM2 version is the same, I did however update via the popup within note caddy to the suggested version. Since then, I have tried (sucessfully) rolling it back to earlier versions, even as early as 2.9.60, which is currently installed. However even that trick didnt help in any way. I also realized that the note creation process is almost 10x faster than it used to be, despite no change in the setup.

hudhm239jk6.png

Top 2 rows are HM2 stats, bottom 3 are the currently generated notecaddy stats (80k sample)

At this point I am unsure how to proceed and would appreciate your help. If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks and regards,

dborys
    dborys

Quote Originally Posted by dborys View Post
    Hi there,

I've been a HoldemManager user for over 10 years now, been using Notecaddy for over 7. I have been a very happy bunny using both so far, with no major issues.

I use note caddy on a daily basis, it's a big part of my HUD and helps me do extensive database analysis for myself and my students. Notecaddy not working properly basically doesn't allow me to use my HUd, which consists out of ~70% notecaddy stats.

So when discovering yesterday evening, that for both my existing database and a new database, it seems to only create aggressive notes ( screenshot attached below ), I knew something was off.

Setup has remained exactly the same, HM2 version is the same, I did however update via the popup within note caddy to the suggested version. Since then, I have tried (sucessfully) rolling it back to earlier versions, even as early as 2.9.60, which is currently installed. However even that trick didnt help in any way. I also realized that the note creation process is almost 10x faster than it used to be, despite no change in the setup.

hudhm239jk6.png

Top 2 rows are HM2 stats, bottom 3 are the currently generated notecaddy stats (80k sample)

At this point I am unsure how to proceed and would appreciate your help. If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks and regards,

dborys
    dborys
    Hi dborys,

What exactly do you mean by 'aggressive' notes? Can you please share one of your definitions which is not working now?

Hi,

as you can see from the HUD screenshot, all the NoteCaddy Stats are at 99 (100) percent, rendering the stat unusable. Not sure how to best put it, but NC seems to only track the times when the action did happen (e.g. cbet was made, flop was folded etc), but not when it wasn't.

2 of my friends are using the NC version 2.6.0.9 which still works for them both, but I cannot find the download files for it to roll back to it.

99% of NC stats are from NC ProTools Pack (http://www.assaultware.com/CoachingP...addy-Pro.Tools), all them of them working just fine for the past 5+ years.

I've attached 2 stats from the pack.

Thanks and regards

dborys
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by dborys View Post
    Hi,

as you can see from the HUD screenshot, all the NoteCaddy Stats are at 99 (100) percent, rendering the stat unusable. Not sure how to best put it, but NC seems to only track the times when the action did happen (e.g. cbet was made, flop was folded etc), but not when it wasn't.

2 of my friends are using the NC version 2.6.0.9 which still works for them both, but I cannot find the download files for it to roll back to it.

99% of NC stats are from NC ProTools Pack (http://www.assaultware.com/CoachingP...addy-Pro.Tools), all them of them working just fine for the past 5+ years.

I've attached 2 stats from the pack.

Thanks and regards

dborys
    Hi dborys,

I don't have access to test on that package because I don't have a license. I will create a ticket for the developers to look into it though.

To get on v2.6.0.9 you can try this:

Close HM2, download and install from here: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...r_2_Update.exe

When you go into NoteCaddy you'll be prompted if you want to update, you can choose no.

After you roll back, you may need to reset your NC settings:
    *Resetting HM2 NC Settings*
    1. To reset NC to factory defaults, close HM2 and go into: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    2. In this directory move all of your .xml files into a new folder (these serve as backup files).
    3. Restart HM2, go back into NoteCaddy. Import your ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up previously (NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions).
    4. Once that is done, then go into NoteCaddy → File → Settings, adjust them to your preferences.
    5. Reset and reprocess the notes: http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-r...ddy-notes.ashx

As of now, it's tough to say whether the issue has been resolved since while note creation works now (sort of, but not really), it is now extremely slow, starts at Hand 0 every time I start the note creation process, and takes up a massive amount of hard drive space (several GB for 300 hands, with the same definitions as previously).

Due to the massive amount of hard drive space currently required I have not been able to run it for a number of hands that would let me understand whether the initial problem has been fixed or not. I have reset the settings, reset the notes, tried different/new databases, but with no success.

Would be happy to pay for some consultation on this issue at this point (I have a Justin from NCE in my skype contacts, in case that's you), as I really have to get this working.

I have now seeked some of the definitions (particularly those I am using for my HUD) after the reroll to the older NC version, based on that it should be working, but since it doesn't process the hands properly, there is no practical use for it, even assuming the initial problem is fixed.

snip.PNG

During the seek process, he goes through the hands very quickly, at what I would call "regular speed" that I am used to from it, only taking a couple of seconds to process the 1500 hands you can see in the screenshot.
    Last edited by dborys; 02-12-2021 at 09:52 AM.

The developers have addressed this issue in the latest HM3 NoteCaddy update (v2.9.91.0). If you restart your HM3 (and server from the taskbar) then your NoteCaddy should auto-update.

You'll likely want to reset and reprocess the notes by clicking File → Reset Notes, and then choose Yes to the prompts.

Please let us know if the issue remains.