Notecaddy update crashing NC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Notecaddy update crashing NC

I installed Hem using HoldemManager2Setup_8673 then updated to the version it prompted me to on first launch. I have note caddy premium attached to my HEM licence.

Once restarted I opened notecaddy and ignored the popup to update. At this point NC and HEM work. When I install the NC update, NC just says that it is still loading indefinitely and when I close HEM it still runs in the background in task manager. At the moment I will just not update NC as everything seems to be working, but grateful if you would let me know when the next working update is available as I would like to continue updating. I'm on version 2.6.0.9 at the moment.

Thanks

Hello nota_bene,

After you update please try resetting your NC settings:

Be aware that doing this will change your settings in NoteCaddy back to their default settings.

*Resetting HM2 NC Settings*
    1. To reset NC to factory defaults, close HM2 and go into: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    2. In this directory move all of your .xml files into a new folder (these serve as backup files).
    3. Restart HM2, go back into NoteCaddy. Import your ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up previously (NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions).
    4. Once that is done, then go into NoteCaddy → File → Settings, adjust them to your preferences.
    5. Reset and reprocess the notes: http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-r...ddy-notes.ashx

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hello nota_bene,

After you update please try resetting your NC settings:

Be aware that doing this will change your settings in NoteCaddy back to their default settings.

*Resetting HM2 NC Settings*
    1. To reset NC to factory defaults, close HM2 and go into: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    2. In this directory move all of your .xml files into a new folder (these serve as backup files).
    3. Restart HM2, go back into NoteCaddy. Import your ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up previously (NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions).
    4. Once that is done, then go into NoteCaddy → File → Settings, adjust them to your preferences.
    5. Reset and reprocess the notes: http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-r...ddy-notes.ashx

Thanks but I tried this when I was trying to fix it myself. Unfortunately I can't get past the note caddy is still loading window to reset notes. the only thing that allows me to access NC is uninstalling hem and not updating to the new note caddy.

Quote Originally Posted by nota_bene View Post
    Thanks but I tried this when I was trying to fix it myself. Unfortunately I can't get past the note caddy is still loading window to reset notes. the only thing that allows me to access NC is uninstalling hem and not updating to the new note caddy.
    Hello note_bene,

Did you delete/move the .xml files like instructed? or did you think I meant to just reset the notes?

Hello note_bene,

Did you delete/move the .xml files like instructed? or did you think I meant to just reset the notes?
    Yes I deleted all of the XML files. I found the instructions when I was trying to fix NC.

Yes I deleted all of the XML files. I found the instructions when I was trying to fix NC.
    Hmm, can you try closing HM2 and then go to:
    C:\Users\[windows username]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager

In this directory, find the folder named 'NoteCaddyDefinitions', rename it to something like 'NoteCaddyDefinitions backup'.

Start HM2 and try to go into NoteCaddy.

If you are able to get into NoteCaddy now, try to import your note definitions from the NoteCaddyDefinitions backup folder (or whatever you named it).

Hmm, can you try closing HM2 and then go to:

In this directory, find the folder named 'NoteCaddyDefinitions', rename it to something like 'NoteCaddyDefinitions backup'.

If you are able to get into NoteCaddy now, try to import your note definitions from the NoteCaddyDefinitions backup folder (or whatever you named it).
    Just to confirm, I should update note caddy to the version it prompts me to on loss, then follow these steps?

Just to confirm, I should update note caddy to the version it prompts me to on loss, then follow these steps?
    Yes, definitely you should do the update. Sorry I missed that you ignored the update before. Updating alone might solve your issues.

Yes, definitely you should do the update. Sorry I missed that you ignored the update before. Updating alone might solve your issues.
    The update itself is the problem. I can get into note caddy but only in a fresh install of hem ignoring the NC update. If I update I can't get past the note caddy is loading dialog.

The update itself is the problem. I can get into note caddy but only in a fresh install of hem ignoring the NC update. If I update I can't get past the note caddy is loading dialog.
    Hmm ok, then please try this:

Close HM2 and then go to:

Run the update in NoteCaddy, and then try to import your note definitions from the NoteCaddyDefinitions backup folder (or whatever you named it).

Then hopefully all will be well.