NoteCaddy doesn't always show stats in my HUD pop-ups

Default NoteCaddy doesn't always show stats in my HUD pop-ups

Dear all, I have created some HUD Popups so that they contain NoteCaddy notes in them.

However, when a hand is over, the HUD Popup does not always update to reflect the recent notes taken. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. However, I can tell from the NoteCaddy notes/logs that the note is being taken correctly, and if I open the Holdem Manager 3 replayer and then open a HUD Popup while in a replay, I can see the notes as intended.

So for some reason, while playing on a live table, the HUD Popup does not consistently get updated. I noticed that if I close HM3 and then re-open it while playing on a live table, suddenly when HM3 reboots the notes that weren't showing up before are now showing.

Any ideas why this is happening? Or put another way, is there a way to force HM3 to constantly update the Note Caddy information being populated in the HUD popups?

Example Pic of the HUD pop up I'm talking about:
    For example, if I open the HUD Popup, it will show me the preflop "call range" of a player. (example pic below).

example HUD Popup.png
    Example HUD Popup 2.png

Thank you!

Hello BrownRangerX,

It can take a few minutes for notes to appear. I have not tried this, but you can try adjusting this setting: NC → File → Settings → Data Settings → Cached note timeout (minutes) --- adjust it to a lower number, like 1 or 2. This should mean that the cache would update every 1 or 2 minutes, meaning the stats get reloaded every 1 or 2 minutes. It is possible that it could cause some performance issues, but you can try it out if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hello BrownRangerX,

It can take a few minutes for notes to appear. I have not tried this, but you can try adjusting this setting: NC → File → Settings → Data Settings → Cached note timeout (minutes) --- adjust it to a lower number, like 1 or 2. This should mean that the cache would update every 1 or 2 minutes, meaning the stats get reloaded every 1 or 2 minutes. It is possible that it could cause some performance issues, but you can try it out if you like.
    Thank you, I’ll try that. However, the weird thing is that when I view the HUD pop up in the HM3 replayer immediately after the hand, the note/stat is usually there already! It doesn’t seem to show up in the live table’s HUD, even after a few minutes.. I have to restart HM3.

So, why would the replayer’s HUD pop up work properly but the live table’s HUD pop up not?

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRangerX View Post
    Thank you, I’ll try that. However, the weird thing is that when I view the HUD pop up in the HM3 replayer immediately after the hand, the note/stat is usually there already! It doesn’t seem to show up in the live table’s HUD, even after a few minutes.. I have to restart HM3.

So, why would the replayer’s HUD pop up work properly but the live table’s HUD pop up not?
    Hi BrownRangerX,

I think what happens when you open the replayer is that they are not loaded from your cache that is already at the tables. So it is loading them separately and fresh at the replayer.

Did you try to lower the cache timeout in the NC settings to see if it helped?

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi BrownRangerX,

I think what happens when you open the replayer is that they are not loaded from your cache that is already at the tables. So it is loading them separately and fresh at the replayer.

Did you try to lower the cache timeout in the NC settings to see if it helped?
    I tried changing the cache timeout setting to 1 and 2...neither seems to make a difference, I will keep testing.

Here are some other examples of oddities...even within the replayer itself, if I open up one replay, the HUD will show some notes for the player in my HUD popup, and in another replay it will show some other notes. It doesn't always show the complete set of notes in any one replay. I have "Show stats up to time of hand" turned off, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Example:

notecaddy different notes showing at different times.jpg

Even after I wait a few minutes, the live table Hud popup does not update with the note. It seems erratic - it works sometimes (decently often), and then other times it doesn't work and never refreshes, and sometimes sometimes recent notes disappear and older ones show up again.

Example where I can see NoteCaddy registered the note but it's still not showing up in the popup (3/4th Pot: Top Pair should have shown up in the hud popup since it was clearly registered by Note Caddy in the "player notes" section):

notecaddy not updating HUD.png

Example of a situation where opening the HUD popup in the replayer shows all the previous notes in the HUD, but the live table somehow isn't showing them anymore, and is only showing a more recent hand:

notecaddy notes not always showing in HUD.png

I wish there were a way to get it to work consistently...

This is on Americas Cardroom.

I'm still waiting for it to work on Bovada, as I've submitted a couple tickets (last year Justin helped gather my info, and last week I submitted another set of data to help with that)...am hoping the Note Caddy team can make this work soon, and I'm happy to help however needed...I paid for Note Caddy specifically so I could stop taking so many manual notes!

Thanks for your help, and any more ideas on what I can do to fix the above issues would be greatly appreciated!

Hi BrownRangerX,

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRangerX View Post
    I tried changing the cache timeout setting to 1 and 2...neither seems to make a difference, I will keep testing.

Here are some other examples of oddities...even within the replayer itself, if I open up one replay, the HUD will show some notes for the player in my HUD popup, and in another replay it will show some other notes. It doesn't always show the complete set of notes in any one replay. I have "Show stats up to time of hand" turned off, so that shouldn't be the issue.

Example:

notecaddy different notes showing at different times.jpg

This makes sense in your screenshot because you are showing different game sizes. NoteCaddy by default will split the notes based on these game sizes: heads up, 3-6 handed, 7+ handed. So for example a player's notes at a 7 handed table will be different than at a 6 handed table. If you like, you can adjust this to your preference in NoteCaddy → File → Settings → Partitions

Even after I wait a few minutes, the live table Hud popup does not update with the note. It seems erratic - it works sometimes (decently often), and then other times it doesn't work and never refreshes, and sometimes sometimes recent notes disappear and older ones show up again.

Example where I can see NoteCaddy registered the note but it's still not showing up in the popup (3/4th Pot: Top Pair should have shown up in the hud popup since it was clearly registered by Note Caddy in the "player notes" section):

notecaddy not updating HUD.png

Where exactly is that note supposed to appear in your popup that you screenshotted? Is it supposed to show as a note at the bottom of the popup? Have you added the note or group for the stat to your popup in the HUD Profile Editor?

Example of a situation where opening the HUD popup in the replayer shows all the previous notes in the HUD, but the live table somehow isn't showing them anymore, and is only showing a more recent hand:

notecaddy notes not always showing in HUD.png

Is this perhaps caused by the same issue as looking at a different game size in the replayer versus the live table?

I wish there were a way to get it to work consistently...

This is on Americas Cardroom.

I'm still waiting for it to work on Bovada, as I've submitted a couple tickets (last year Justin helped gather my info, and last week I submitted another set of data to help with that)...am hoping the Note Caddy team can make this work soon, and I'm happy to help however needed...I paid for Note Caddy specifically so I could stop taking so many manual notes!

Thanks for your help, and any more ideas on what I can do to fix the above issues would be greatly appreciated!

I wonder if we have the same problem. https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=543201

Does the NC stats in your main HUD update? For me its very random and sometimes not at all.

Dear NoteCaddy Edge,

The Partition Feature solves 1 of the 2 problems, thank you! I updated the partition so that I have a single partition of 2-10 players. Now I don’t see different notes in different situations

However, I still run into this situation often where the HUD pop up group doesn’t update the notes in the live table, but they successfully show in the HM3 replayer’s HUD popup groups. I have waited over 15 minutes at times and it doesn’t get updated in the live table. Restarting HM3 seems to get things updated again but this is inconvenient because it means I’m not getting the notes in real time on my live table. I have already tried changing the cache timeout setting to 1 and 2, doesn’t appear to make a difference.

Any ideas on how to get the live table to update consistently?

P.S. Pyton this may be the same issue as yours I’m not sure?

Try open notecaddy and click stop and start into "Create notes" tab and keep notecaddy opens during your play.