HM2 very slow performance after latest NC update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default HM2 very slow performance after latest NC update.

Hello again.

Recently i reported a very low speed at the colouring tool of the NC after updating to 2.9.85 version and nothing i was advised to do has fixed it.

I decided to play like this and found that the performance has totally become worse. The pop ups now take much longer to be showed and a lot of times it just get frozen.

I have a big amount of hands in my data base and i use pop ups with a lot of NC definitions but before this update it would take ~1 second for them to be showed without any kind of freezing issues so i know it is not my PC.

Is there a real way to change everything like it was before? i tried rolling back to .83, resetting my NC settings, created a new data base and reimported everything and nothing have helped.

Additionally i would like to know if the NC used with the HM3 is the same currently used in HM2 or it is a newer one that hopefully doesnt have this problems. I have lost more than a week waiting for this to be solved already.
    Last edited by WilliamPrieto; 01-24-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamPrieto View Post
    Hello again.

Recently i reported a very low speed at the colouring tool of the NC after updating to 2.9.85 version and nothing i was advised to do has fixed it.

I decided to play like this and found that the performance has totally become worse. The pop ups now take much longer to be showed and a lot of times it just get frozen.

I have a big amount of hands in my data base and i use pop ups with a lot of NC definitions but before this update it would take ~1 second for them to be showed without any kind of freezing issues so i know it is not my PC.

Is there a real way to change everything like it was before? i tried rolling back to .83, resetting my NC settings, created a new data base and reimported everything and nothing have helped.

Additionally i would like to know if the NC used with the HM3 is the same currently used in HM2 or it is a newer one that hopefully doesnt have this problems. I have lost more than a week waiting for this to be solved already.
    Hi WilliamPrieto,

I think you can get the very old version of NC (pre beta) by installing HM2 from this link: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloa...r_2_Update.exe. When you open NC you should be prompted to update, but if you do then you will go back to v2.9.85.0, so you can choose no if you desire.

Regarding the HM3 NC, it is as similar as possible, but it's different because HM2 is very different than HM3. I have a test database of 150k zoom hands in HM3, and I ran the color coding. All 31k players got color-coded within about 3 minutes or so.

When I tested with your hands that you sent in, I also had a slow speed like you had in HM2. It's strange, because I did not get that slow speed with my other old pokerstars test hands. I have created a ticket for the developers to look into it, hopefully they will have some ideas how to solve it.

Can confirm this helps.

Hello.

It rolled my NC back to 2.6.0.9 i had to import my color definitions since it cleared it and placed the one that comes by default.

I can confirm the speed of colouring is much faster. I cant tell if as fast as it was before this issues but i guess it is based on the time it took to colour my data base.

But now the no one of the stats y created with NC definitions show data both in the players´ HUDs and pop ups. It does show data in the definitions column in the NC, it just is not being showed at all like if i had no hands of the players.

Do i need to reset my notes and process them all? i hope not

I still dont know if this fixed the freezing issue because as i got no NC data to play i didnt open more tables and stopped right away. I will test that once this issue is solved.
    Last edited by WilliamPrieto; 01-26-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Hello.

It rolled my NC back to 2.6.0.9 i had to import my color definitions since it cleared it and placed the one that comes by default.

I can confirm the speed of colouring is much faster. I cant tell if as fast as it was before this issues but i guess it is based on the time it took to colour my data base.

But now the no one of the stats y created with NC definitions show data both in the players´ HUDs and pop ups. It does show data in the definitions column in the NC, it just is not being showed at all like if i had no hands of the players.

Do i need to reset my notes and process them all? i hope not

I still dont know if this fixed the freezing issue because as i got no NC data to play i didnt open more tables and stopped right away. I will test that once this issue is solved.

Hi WilliamPrieto,

Unfortunately if the stats are not displaying for you, then likely it will require a reset of the notes.

Ok i resetted the notes and started the note creation process but it is super slower than what it used to be. It started at ~17 hands/s and went slower and slower.

https://gyazo.com/9a2b92a99a65093b53d023280d990e90

Im done with this.

Did the developers find anything?

Is there a way to get a trial of HM3 and NC to try and see if it works as it should to purchase them if it does?

I cant lose more time on this.

Ok i resetted the notes and started the note creation process but it is super slower than what it used to be. It started at ~17 hands/s and went slower and slower.

https://gyazo.com/9a2b92a99a65093b53d023280d990e90

Im done with this.

Did the developers find anything?

Is there a way to get a trial of HM3 and NC to try and see if it works as it should to purchase them if it does?

I cant lose more time on this.
    Hi WilliamPrieto,

There hasn't been an update to address the slow color coding you ran into yet. It might take some time, because there are quite a few outstanding issues which are used more often than the color coding. I apologize for the inconvenience.

To use NoteCaddy for HM3, it has to be purchased, it won't work on a trial version.

If you want to try to solve your issue still, you can try resetting your NoteCaddy settings to see if the speed picks back up. This is often necessary when switching between very different NoteCaddy versions:

Be aware that doing this will change your settings in NoteCaddy back to their default settings.

*Resetting HM2 NC Settings*
    1. To reset NC to factory defaults, close HM2 and go into: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    2. In this directory move all of your .xml files into a new folder (these serve as backup files).
    3. Restart HM2, go back into NoteCaddy. Import your ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up previously (NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions).
    4. Once that is done, then go into NoteCaddy → File → Settings, adjust them to your preferences.
    5. Reset and reprocess the notes: http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-r...ddy-notes.ashx

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi WilliamPrieto,

There hasn't been an update to address the slow color coding you ran into yet. It might take some time, because there are quite a few outstanding issues which are used more often than the color coding. I apologize for the inconvenience.

To use NoteCaddy for HM3, it has to be purchased, it won't work on a trial version.

If you want to try to solve your issue still, you can try resetting your NoteCaddy settings to see if the speed picks back up. This is often necessary when switching between very different NoteCaddy versions:

Be aware that doing this will change your settings in NoteCaddy back to their default settings.

*Resetting HM2 NC Settings*
    1. To reset NC to factory defaults, close HM2 and go into: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    2. In this directory move all of your .xml files into a new folder (these serve as backup files).
    3. Restart HM2, go back into NoteCaddy. Import your ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up previously (NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions).
    4. Once that is done, then go into NoteCaddy → File → Settings, adjust them to your preferences.
    5. Reset and reprocess the notes: http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-r...ddy-notes.ashx
    Actually the colouring issue is not now the most urgent issue for me. I made a Stars notes back up to get the colours i had and i could play manually colouring new players.

The real urgent thing now is that the HM gets frozen while playing and pop ups take a loy of time to appear. So long that i run out of time. Id mention again that such thing didnt happen before this update.

I already tried resetting my NC settings and it didnt help at all. You recommended it to me in the other thread i posted before.

If i knew this would not happen with HM3 i think i would purchase it only to get rid of this. You said u also had the low speed issue when using my hands. Could u please give it a try on the HM3 and see how it goes?

Thanks for ur time.

Duplicated post.
    Last edited by WilliamPrieto; 01-29-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Duplicated post.
    Last edited by WilliamPrieto; 01-29-2021 at 03:08 PM.