Moving from HM2 to PT4

Default Moving from HM2 to PT4

I'm changing HM2 to PT4. Notecaddy versions are the same but my definitions don't seem to work. After importing I rechecked them in PT4 NC version and everything seems identical but the stats I get are corrupted. To name a few things:
    - there's no Hero notes at all
    - random players don't get any stats on random notes
    - when partition 3-3 players should be working it shows stats from EP, MP positions for some players

There's probably more mess, I haven't even tried playing like that. Should probably mention that majority of the stats seem correct, those things happen in probably only 20% cases but with no pattern.

I have tried running HM2 and PT4 simultaneously, maybe they corrupted each others databases? But I tried resetting the notes a few times and it's still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nieko View Post
    I'm changing HM2 to PT4. Notecaddy versions are the same but my definitions don't seem to work. After importing I rechecked them in PT4 NC version and everything seems identical but the stats I get are corrupted. To name a few things:
    - there's no Hero notes at all
    - random players don't get any stats on random notes
    - when partition 3-3 players should be working it shows stats from EP, MP positions for some players

There's probably more mess, I haven't even tried playing like that. Should probably mention that majority of the stats seem correct, those things happen in probably only 20% cases but with no pattern.

I have tried running HM2 and PT4 simultaneously, maybe they corrupted each others databases? But I tried resetting the notes a few times and it's still the same.
    Hi Nieko,

For hero notes note showing, are you sure that you enabled the setting 'add notes for hero' in the NC settings?

random players don't get any stats on random notes - Have you tried to test a hand history with a definition to see if the note should definitely be applied? Sometimes there are filters in notes that make them not apply when you may think it should. http://www.assaultware.com/videos/te...vironment.html

- when partition 3-3 players should be working it shows stats from EP, MP positions for some players - It sounds like you may need to adjust your definitions to apply 'distance from button' as the position, or define a certain amount of players dealt into the hand. If you want to upload a definition like from your example I can investigate to see why it would be including hands from 3-handed play.

Hi,

Thanks for replying but as I said the same definitions with the same settings work fine on my old PC so none of your suggestions are relevant.

I think the problem is that something is corrupting NC database. Now even HM2 has the same mess. Could it be that running PT4 messed the whole NC database? Is it used by both HM2 and PT4? Is there a way to completely reinstall NC DB?

I tried disabling NC in PT4, installing fresh DB in HM2, resetting settings and notes, and still there's complete chaos. But I confirm again that the same definitions with the same settings work correctly on my other PC with HM2 and NC v2.6.0.14.

I found your post suggesting to revert to old version and that helped me too.

https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=543209

Everything works perfect in HM2 again. Is there any way I could use that old version in PT4 too?

I found your post suggesting to revert to old version and that helped me too.

https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=543209

Everything works perfect in HM2 again. Is there any way I could use that old version in PT4 too?
    Hi Nieko,

I'm glad that helped you. I don't think there is a way to use a specific NC version in PT4 (or HM3), I believe you always have to use the latest version.

There's a bug in PT4 when trying to edit partitions. I get this almost blank window with one number. I reported it via PT4 forum too. Maybe it's causing the mess in definitions.

1.PNG

For hero notes note showing, are you sure that you enabled the setting 'add notes for hero' in the NC settings?

And you were right about this one. My bad.

There's a bug in PT4 when trying to edit partitions. I get this almost blank window with one number. I reported it via PT4 forum too. Maybe it's causing the mess in definitions.

1.PNG

And you were right about this one. My bad.
    Thank you Nieko. A ticket was created for the developers to look into that issue about the partitions.