HM3 performance with notecaddy

Default HM3 performance with notecaddy

I am finding the performance of HM3 with my regular notecaddy coaching package much worse than with HM2. I usually 9 table(at ipoker) and i am finding that the HUD is laggy and very often brings up the popups with no stats. I have switched to a HUD that isn't using many notecaddy stats and popups and it is much better (however still slower than HM2 imo). I have tried to search for tips as to what i can do and have followed all the advise including starting a new dataabase, reducing hands, etc but as it stands, i personally am not able to use HM3 with notecaddy in game.

I have a fairly strong desktop computer i7-9700k, 32GB RAM and an NVME m.2 SSD.

To me HM3 is a giant step backwards, i fail to see any pros and i personally have many cons not only performance. I am just wondering if anyone is actually using HM3 with an advanced notecaddy package without issues?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBKK View Post
    I am finding the performance of HM3 with my regular notecaddy coaching package much worse than with HM2. I usually 9 table(at ipoker) and i am finding that the HUD is laggy and very often brings up the popups with no stats. I have switched to a HUD that isn't using many notecaddy stats and popups and it is much better (however still slower than HM2 imo). I have tried to search for tips as to what i can do and have followed all the advise including starting a new dataabase, reducing hands, etc but as it stands, i personally am not able to use HM3 with notecaddy in game.

I have a fairly strong desktop computer i7-9700k, 32GB RAM and an NVME m.2 SSD.

To me HM3 is a giant step backwards, i fail to see any pros and i personally have many cons not only performance. I am just wondering if anyone is actually using HM3 with an advanced notecaddy package without issues?
    Hi MartinBKK,

I think a lot of people are using NC packages, but I haven't heard of many users mentioning major performance issues.

Around how many hands are you using in your database?

Are you using the new NC setting to store images on a RAM drive? If not, definitely turn it on because I think it helps the popups load much more quickly.

WTGALzR.png

Also I should mention, which maybe you've already figured out, but the first time you open a popup for a particular player it will take longer for his/her stats to load. Then the subsequent times a popup is loaded for that player during a session it should load instantly. This is due to the caching method that is used in the HM3 NC.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi MartinBKK,

I think a lot of people are using NC packages, but I haven't heard of many users mentioning major performance issues.

Around how many hands are you using in your database?

Are you using the new NC setting to store images on a RAM drive? If not, definitely turn it on because I think it helps the popups load much more quickly.

WTGALzR.png

Also I should mention, which maybe you've already figured out, but the first time you open a popup for a particular player it will take longer for his/her stats to load. Then the subsequent times a popup is loaded for that player during a session it should load instantly. This is due to the caching method that is used in the HM3 NC.
    Hi NotecaddyEdge

Thank you for your reply. I have the RAM feature enabled. I have around 600k hands in the database only. Before, i had a much larger database but i started a new one because i could not use the HUD. I have used notecaddy for a long time and have a HUD i am familiar with. It is not easy going back to a HUD with no notecaddy but this is what i have had to do for the time being. As i said above, i personally think HM3 is a giant step backwards. It has cost me this month figuring it all out and suffering with the many many bugs that it currently has, not having stats for many decisions and just generally getting frustrated with it's poor performance and as a result playing poorly. Since switching back to a non notecaddy HUD i have started to play much better so will stick like this for the time being. It sucks not having some stats i am used to but hopefully notecaddy will improve in the future and i can come back to it.