How to downgrade NC version?

Default How to downgrade NC version?

Hello.

I have had issues with the last NC version 2.9.85.0 when using the colouring players tool. It now colours very slow (about one player per second). I use some OrderedBadgets of the NC in my HUD and this makes the badges not fit their proper order, i guess because i cant colour my players´ base so i dont want to waste time trying to fix this but just downgrading back to the previus version which was working perfectly.

I use HM2 and tried the "How to use an old version of NoteCaddy" guide and when entering the link to download an older version it shows as it not longer exists or it is not available.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamPrieto View Post
    Hello.

I have had issues with the last NC version 2.9.85.0 when using the colouring players tool. It now colours very slow (about one player per second). I use some OrderedBadgets of the NC in my HUD and this makes the badges not fit their proper order, i guess because i cant colour my players´ base so i dont want to waste time trying to fix this but just downgrading back to the previus version which was working perfectly.

I use HM2 and tried the "How to use an old version of NoteCaddy" guide and when entering the link to download an older version it shows as it not longer exists or it is not available.

Thanks in advance.
    Please try clearing your NoteCaddy settings. There's a very good chance it will solve the issue:

Be aware that doing this will change your settings in NoteCaddy back to their default settings.

*Resetting HM2 NC Settings*
    1. To reset NC to factory defaults, close HM2 and go into: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    2. In this directory move all of your .xml files into a new folder (these serve as backup files).
    3. Restart HM2, go back into NoteCaddy. Import your ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up previously (NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions).
    4. Once that is done, then go into NoteCaddy → File → Settings, adjust them to your preferences.
    5. Reset and reprocess the notes: http://wiki.assaultware.com/How-to-r...ddy-notes.ashx

-----------

If you want to roll-back you can follow instructions in this thread: https://forums.holdemmanager.com/sho...d.php?t=541805 (the link you would get is http://www.assaultware.com/notecaddy.2.9.83.0.zip)

Hello again.

Rolled back to 2.9.83 and slow colouring issue didnt get fixed.

Made the NC settings reset following the whole process and after hours processing all my hands the slow colouring issue was still there.

Is there anything else i can try?

I dont see the turbo hand grabber feature available to check/uncheck anymore, is it possible that it was necessary for this?

Hello again.

Rolled back to 2.9.83 and slow colouring issue didnt get fixed.

Made the NC settings reset following the whole process and after hours processing all my hands the slow colouring issue was still there.

Is there anything else i can try?

I dont see the turbo hand grabber feature available to check/uncheck anymore, is it possible that it was necessary for this?
    Hi WilliamPrieto,

I believe the turbo hand grabber option is deprecated now. The speed in the newer versions of NoteCaddy should be much faster than the older versions (even with turbo hand grabber enabled).

I made a short .gif showing the speed of color coding I'm seeing in HM2 NC v2.9.85.0: https://i.imgur.com/jDIHbic.gif. Are you seeing significantly slower speed than this?

If you are still seeing speeds that are very slow with note processing and color coding, even after resetting your NC settings, then there are some other things we can try:

1. Create a new database in HM2, import some of your hands from your C:\HM2Archive directory, and see how the note and color coding processing speed is.

2. If speeds are good, then go ahead and import more hands if you wish and continue to use this new database.

3. If speeds are still very slow, then it could mean that NC is having some issues with some of your Note Definitions. Please check to see if you have a file named 'NoteCaddy.Errors.log' in this directory: C:\Users\[windows username]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCaddyLogs. There might be some clues about definitions which are causing issues in this file (it can be opened in a text editor, like notepad).

Hi again.

Yes the colouring speed is much slower than that. The hands processing for notes speed is as fast as it was before, it is only the colouring speed which has become very slow after updating.

I noticed this looks now different to what i remember. Before it didnt colour players showing player1, player2 etc but it was showing each players´names and i cant tell how many it used to mark per secoond before because it was super fast.

I created a new HM data base and tracked about 85K hands for testing. The notes creation speed was as fast as always but then the colouring speed was again super slow (~2 players/s).

I did find the errors.log file in that folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi again.

Yes the colouring speed is much slower than that. The hands processing for notes speed is as fast as it was before, it is only the colouring speed which has become very slow after updating.

I noticed this looks now different to what i remember. Before it didnt colour players showing player1, player2 etc but it was showing each players´names and i cant tell how many it used to mark per secoond before because it was super fast.

I created a new HM data base and tracked about 85K hands for testing. The notes creation speed was as fast as always but then the colouring speed was again super slow (~2 players/s).

I did find the errors.log file in that folder.
    Hi WilliamPrieto,

For that log file, were you playing poker? If so, can you please redo the log by restarting HM2, then just try to run the color coding, then grab the NoteCaddy.Errors.log and upload it?

Then we'll be able to see if there are any errors only related to the color coding.

I did and checked the file but it didnt seem to show any change so i deleted it and made a new colouring try and no error log file was created. So i assume it is not related to the colouring feature? If it is not related to it what else could be causing this super slow speed? it marks like 2 players per second for the first 25 or 30 players and after that it looks like marking one at the time per second.

I did and checked the file but it didnt seem to show any change so i deleted it and made a new colouring try and no error log file was created. So i assume it is not related to the colouring feature? If it is not related to it what else could be causing this super slow speed? it marks like 2 players per second for the first 25 or 30 players and after that it looks like marking one at the time per second.
    Hi WilliamPrieto,

This is a tough one to figure out so far. The issue might be related to your specific definitions and/or hands. Can you please create a support ticket and upload these files?

Please create a support ticket here: https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/ticket/94

In the ticket please provide:
    -Your hands exported from HM2
    -Your NoteCaddy Definitions folder from here: C:\Users\[Windows username]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\definitions

Please .zip the files and upload them to a cloud service like OneDrive, Dropbox, or WeTransfer.com and share the link(s) in the ticket.

----------------------------

Alternatively you may want to try creating a new database in HM2, import some hands from your C:\HM2Archive directory, and see if the color-coding speed is still slow.

Ok created the tiket and im waiting for response.

I want to add now that i have tried to play like this and i have noticed that HM starts to freeze constantly after a few minutes running.

I checked the task manager and it showed my CPU working at ~80% and i guess thats what is causing it. I dont remember what that value used to be before but i dont think it was that high. I see other threads in this forum reporting similar issues after that last .85 version update.

Is there a real way to roll back everything to how it was before that update? because i rolled back to .83 and i see nothing changed.

Also i would like to know if this current NC version is the same that would run in HM3 because i think i am missing more income by waiting for this to be solved than purchasing a new version and leaving this one in the past.