HUD painfully slow to load

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default HUD painfully slow to load

My HUD is painfully slow to load. It takes at least an orbit before i see any stats. It is painfully slow to stop too after i click stop HUD. At the moment i am playing a large number of hands with no stats at all :-(

I have a very good computer so no problem there.

Also, how do you delete a database you longer use?
    Last edited by MartinBKK; 01-11-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Please reproduce the problem and:

a) Take a screenshot of the table/desktop before and after the problems
    - Try to include the Live Play tab, Tools - Import details - Live Play and Errors, your poker client lobby and a browser page of this site visible in the screen shot.

b) Click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu, or from the 'Help' menu at the top, and send your logs and config files with a detailed description of the problem.
    - Send the screenshots in the same/new support ticket the Send Feedback system generated for this issue. Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.
    - Attach a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue*

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue. If all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

*All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\HM3Archive\2016\07\31). It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    Please reproduce the problem and:

a) Take a screenshot of the table/desktop before and after the problems
    - Try to include the Live Play tab, Tools - Import details - Live Play and Errors, your poker client lobby and a browser page of this site visible in the screen shot.

b) Click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu, or from the 'Help' menu at the top, and send your logs and config files with a detailed description of the problem.
    - Send the screenshots in the same/new support ticket the Send Feedback system generated for this issue. Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.
    - Attach a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue*

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue. If all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

*All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\HM3Archive\2016\07\31). It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.
    Thanks udbrky. I have tried a new database and it seems a lot better. I will see how it goes for now.

Frequently i am getting no stats in the popups. Sometimes i do , sometimes i don't. Sometimes i stop the hud then it still remains going , i have to force close it using task manager. I have a big decision i click my popup and nothing is there i am so tilted right now this program isn't letting me focus on the game. Obviously a restart of the computer usually resolves it but you cant be stop/starting your session all the time it takes a long time to get all my tables up and running.

Now i am using a super light database with only my own hands from last year. I don't understand how this program is so bad. It is supposed to "have better performance than HM2 right out of the box". It is way slower and more unreliable. The HUD feels heavy, with HM2 it felt light and responsive. There are also loads of other issues which make it inferior to HM2 imo but obviously these are not as crucial as having your stats displaying reliably in game.

I am using a desktop computer i7-9700k CPU, 32GB Ram, NVME M.2 SSD. I also use notecaddy with the Notecaddy Edge package. What can i do to try and get the stats showing reliably?

When i remove an unused popup from groups , the position of 1 of my 3 panels gets reset. Another bug for the list.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBKK View Post
    Frequently i am getting no stats in the popups. Sometimes i do , sometimes i don't. Sometimes i stop the hud then it still remains going , i have to force close it using task manager. I have a big decision i click my popup and nothing is there i am so tilted right now this program isn't letting me focus on the game. Obviously a restart of the computer usually resolves it but you cant be stop/starting your session all the time it takes a long time to get all my tables up and running.

Now i am using a super light database with only my own hands from last year. I don't understand how this program is so bad. It is supposed to "have better performance than HM2 right out of the box". It is way slower and more unreliable. The HUD feels heavy, with HM2 it felt light and responsive. There are also loads of other issues which make it inferior to HM2 imo but obviously these are not as crucial as having your stats displaying reliably in game.

I am using a desktop computer i7-9700k CPU, 32GB Ram, NVME M.2 SSD. I also use notecaddy with the Notecaddy Edge package. What can i do to try and get the stats showing reliably?
    Does it help if you open the HM3 - Apps - NoteCaddy menu and 'Disable NoteCaddy'?

Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

Yes it is a lot better without notecaddy, however a bit frustrating having "upgraded" to not being able to use the same notecaddy hud as with HM2.

Delete the files in your database folder. Our default location is in your documents folder - HM3 - databases.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Here are some suggestions that should help:

Are you using a custom HUD you created or imported from HM2? Do you have the same problems if you use the HM3 'Standard' HUD profile? Try to remove any unused or extra popups from the HM3 HUD profile, that you might have imported from HM2. With HM3 it loads the stats for all the associated popups even if you are not using them.

- HM3 - HUD - HUD Editor - 'Profile:' = select the profile you want to edit.
    - Options - 'Export' or 'Duplicate' the profile so you have a backup copy before you make any edits.
    - Click the 'Popup Groups' button in the upper right corner.
    - In the upper left under 'Groups' you can select then 'Delete' any unused popups.

This should help speed up the overall HUD and popups performance.

If you continue to have problems:

- Try to remove positional stats directly in the hud (stats using position item property in the Hud Editor)
    - Try to reduce number of stats in the HUD
    - Try to disable session stats in tooltips (HM3 - HUD - HUD Options)
    - Try to set max number of hands limit lower in HUD Options
    - Try to reduce the number of hands in the database (new database and import only a small portion of the hands)
    - For popup loading speeds: reduce number of popups and complexity of the popups

If none of that helps:

Please see our HUD Troubleshooting FAQ and reproduce the issue then send the requested logs, screenshots, and hand history files in a support ticket as instructed at the bottom of that FAQ with a link to this forum thread and your forum username.