Notecaddy.2.9.83.0 serious problem with program freezing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Notecaddy.2.9.83.0 serious problem with program freezing.

Hey NCEdge!

-NoteCaddy Last Replay Font Colors Fixed
    - It was really fixed in 2.9.83, BUT I was forced to roll back to 2.9.82 because the program began to freeze after opening the table. This usually happens like this: NC picks up an open table, but usually hangs when I close it and open a new one. HM stops responding to mouse clicks, its window can be minimized by Win-D, but it no longer maximizes. When I click in the taskbar on HM, I hear a jing sound, but nothing happens - the program is minimized, statistics on the screen, if it has time to appear, is in a frozen state and does not move with the table.. As soon as I close the HM task in Task Manager and copy the old 9.82 files everything works as it should, no freezes. NCEdge - ask the developers to remember what additional changes they made between version 82 and 83, what led to this behavior of the program, please.

If any files are needed on my part, write, but this clearly happened with version 9.83

Quote Originally Posted by FALOs View Post
    Hey NCEdge!

- It was really fixed in 2.9.83, BUT I was forced to roll back to 2.9.82 because the program began to freeze after opening the table. This usually happens like this: NC picks up an open table, but usually hangs when I close it and open a new one. HM stops responding to mouse clicks, its window can be minimized by Win-D, but it no longer maximizes. When I click in the taskbar on HM, I hear a jing sound, but nothing happens - the program is minimized, statistics on the screen, if it has time to appear, is in a frozen state and does not move with the table.. As soon as I close the HM task in Task Manager and copy the old 9.82 files everything works as it should, no freezes. NCEdge - ask the developers to remember what additional changes they made between version 82 and 83, what led to this behavior of the program, please.

If any files are needed on my part, write, but this clearly happened with version 9.83
    Hi FALOs,

Is it possible for you to please try to reset your NC settings, and see if the issue persists?

Sometimes resetting the settings helps after updating.

*Resetting HM2 NC Settings*
    1. To reset NC to factory defaults, close HM2 and go into: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager.
    2. In this directory move all of your .xml files into a new folder (these serve as backup files).
    3. Restart HM2, go back into NoteCaddy. Import your ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up previously (NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions).
    4. Once that is done, then go into NoteCaddy → File → Settings, adjust them to your preferences.
    5. Then reset and reprocess notes, and hopefully it works smoothly for you.

If that doesn't help, can you please send us log files? If I submit those to the developers they should be able to spot the problem.

In the ticket, please link to this thread.

Please add log files to the ticket:
    *Log files*
    Here's how you can do that:
    1. Reproduce what you were doing when the issue occurred. When the issue occurs proceed with the next step.
    2. Navigate to*C:\Program Files (x86)\Holdem Manager 2\Utilities.
    3. Click on 'CopyLogFiles.bat', choose Yes to create the log files if asked.
    4. On your desktop you should see a folder named 'HM2logs'. Please .zip it using 7-zip or another similar program, and send it over.
    5. If the file is too big to send, please upload it to to a cloud service like OneDrive, Dropbox, or WeTransfer.com, and share a link.

Hey NCEdge!

Is it possible for you to please try to reset your NC settings, and see if the issue persists?

I did, the problem remained

If that doesn't help, can you please send us log files? If I submit those to the developers they should be able to spot the problem.

Ofc, attached.

How I get the program to hang:

1) I open 3 game tables.
    2) Launch HM.
    3) Start Import> Start Hud in "Home" TAB, nothing more, I DO NOT go to the NC tab and do not start the program.
    4) Statistics appear on the screen.

5) Freezing occurs as soon as I close one table and try to open another OR just try to add one more table (fourth table) after statistics have already appeared for the first three open tables - the message "Waiting for hands" appears on the screen of new table and HM immediately freezes.

NOTHING HAPPENS when I copy NC 9.82 files back. Everything works for hours, no freezes. Also, I repeat - for the freeze to occur, it is enough to start the HUD and not start NC.

Apparently in version NC 9.83 such a change was made that leads to HM freezing even without starting NC from the user's side.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey FALOs,

Thank you for sending the logs, and explaining the issue clearly. I have created a ticket for the developers with that information so that they can take a look and hopefully issue a fix soon.

I have created a ticket for the developers with that information so that they can take a look and hopefully issue a fix soon.

Yes, it would be very good, because in version 2.82 I cannot use fast Replay, and in version 2.83 I cannot use HM at all If the problem continues in the next versions, it will be a disaster.

Ty, NCEdge!

Hey!

I just tried version 2.9.85 - the problem persists.
    I really hope that it will be solved in the next updates, while I remain on version 2.9.82

Hi FALOs,

I'm being told that this should be resolved by now. Can you please try to see if you still have the issue with this version? http://www.assaultware.com/notecaddy.2.9.87.0.zip

If the issue persists, can you please let us know which types of tables you're playing? Are you using any sort of helper software (like tableninja, etc)? If so, does the issue persist if the helper software is closed?

Hey NCEdge!

Unfortunately, nothing changed for me at 9.87. Everything is absolutely the same as I described above. I tried to create a new base, opened 3 tables, then started import and HUD, after that I opened a quarter table, and HM froze as soon as "Waiting for hands" appeared.

Perhaps the good news is I think I have 100% found the cause of this disaster:

The only thing is that statistics are displayed on the screen through the EliteHud converter - they are the official partner of Holdem Manager, and i need this converter because I play in one of the Asian rooms.

A feature of this converter is that each new opened table is written into a separate file, which begins with HH like this:

PokerStars Hand #100000213164922112: Hold'em No Limit ($500/$1000 USD) - 2021/02/13 16:49:22 UTC
    Table 'PKDOM_IDNP_TXH28147' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: MAMA_1 ($7777 in chips)
    Seat 2: P7VR5MSL4B ($7777 in chips)
    Seat 3: LETIK919 ($7777 in chips)
    Seat 4: SPY188 ($7777 in chips)
    Seat 5: VIEU_89 ($7777 in chips)
    Seat 6: FREE_JOB ($7777 in chips)
    MAMA_1: posts the ante $0.01
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    MAMA_1 collected $0.01 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $0.01 | Rake $0
    Seat 1: MAMA_1 (button) mucked
    Seat 2: P7VR5MSL4B (small blind) mucked
    Seat 3: LETIK919 (big blind) mucked
    Seat 4: SPY188 mucked
    Seat 5: VIEU_89 mucked
    Seat 6: FREE_JOB mucked

Perhaps with this strange HH, HM recognizes the use of the converter, and places such a hand in the "Asian Poker Club" no matter what format (Poker Stars or other) the hand is. It's just my guess why such a hand is needed.

This is followed by a normal hand history. I managed to avoid freezes after I stopped HUD (Not importing), opened a new table, and after new HH file was created by converter i deleted that first HH entry in a text editor, save edited file and then launched HUD. If this removal is not done, then HM immediately hangs after starting the HUD.

From this we can draw a rather simple conclusion that in version 9.83 NC something was changed in the HH handler, as a result of which such "wrong" hands were not ignored by the handlers but led to a fatal program failure.

An interesting question is why the handler does not hang when the HUD is first launched with tables already open, but hangs only after trying to open another table when the HUD is already working - but these are nuances.

Just in case, I will send you the files of the 4 tables so that you can see how does the HH file of the converter work.

I beg you very much - give me hope to use the new versions of NC ASAP. I have been waiting for fixing this problem since December, now I am sure that I have found the exact cause of this problem, all that remains is to make the handler more flexible what he was before.

Ty NCEdge!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FALOs; 02-13-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Hi FALOs,

Thank you for the clues. I have passed them onto the developers. Hopefully they will be able to figure it out quickly and make a fix. I will post an update when I hear from them.

Hello NCEdge!

Please do not forget to let us know when this problem will be fixed. For me, the NC updates stopped at version 9.82 and I hope that someday I can enjoy the new versions.