exporting hands from hm2

Default exporting hands from hm2

Hello!

I would like to export hands from my hm2 database to my disc. And when I go under database and export and I select dates and output directory. Than I click on start export and nothing happens for hours.
    It is pretty big database 6gb. When I export every year separately it starts exporting. But it only exported 25% of all hands. I have alredy done that previous years and it worked (it did last pretty long but it worked for whole database at once).
    Besides that HM2 is working well I can find all the hands in this database when I go under reports.

Any help?
    Last edited by mihic; 01-04-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Note: All hands that you auto imported to HM2 should be in your archive folder, which are more important to save than the exported hands IMO. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.* It is configured in the Site Setup - Auto Import Folders menu.

How much free space do you have on your system/C drive and how big is the database according to the HM2 > Database > Database Info menu? You generally need more than twice as much free space as your database is big according to that menu and you should always have at least 20% free space.

Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space.

Try emptying c:\temp and/or c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp. You will need to show system and hidden files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files.

If you continue to have problems you can try moving the windows temp directories that we use for these database procedures to another drive that has more free space.

Put the backup file location on another drive.

Also, make sure that the permissions settings are not blocking the necessary files/folders. Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks.

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'DBControlPanel' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu.

Please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing so we can determine if we need you to send the DB backup for testing.

Thanks for your response. But my HM2archive folder on disc is empty. My database is 7GB and I have more than 250GB of free space.

Do you think that maybe could it be the problem that HM2 is still creating notes? On bottom left it says: creating notes 1150000 of 4200000.

That would kind of make sense because I got only aroud 25% of hands exported when I did every year separately.

The notes being created is for NoteCaddy. Does it help if you try disabling Note Caddy? Open HUD Settings, make sure you are on the HUD Designer tab, and uncheck "Show Caddy notes in HUD." Restart HM2.

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'DBControlPanel' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu.

Please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing so we can determine if we need you to send the DB backup for testing.