Notecaddy popups - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Beachking View Post
    That seems like a strange design-choice. I mean it seems to take almost twice the size of what it used to. My guess is most people who use NC play more than 1 or 2 tables and it just seems unreasonable that it almost covers 2 full tables when I choose to show 10 last hands.

Could I ask you to reconsider and maybe either see if it's easy to remove some of the filler space, or make it so that I can choose a smaller alternative? Should be fairly simple programming and worth a lot.

Thanks for the quick replies and the help,

B
    Hmm I'm not really noticing a difference in size of the instant replay between HM2 and HM3.

HM2:

dQTrUqA.png

HM3:

9v339mS.png

Can you show me a screenshot of what you see in HM2? Which version of NoteCaddy do you use in HM2 (found in NC → Help → About NoteCaddy)?

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Attachment 165062

Yes, from what I understand the colors are supposed to represent similar strength hands, and then they are separated by patterns to distinguish different groupings.

I have suggested to the developers my thoughts how to improve the pie chart design, but it hasn't been addressed as of yet. This is what I suggested:

The main things I would do to improve:

Place similar colors next to each other (if they are not already).

Instead of using different patterns for the colors, I would use different shades of colors based on strength.

Perhaps using some sort of color spectrum (like this https://i.imgur.com/lqaIR6B.png), where weaker hand ranges are colors on the left side, and as they get stronger the color used is further to the right.

If you have some ideas to expand or improve upon my suggestions, please let me know and I will share them with the developers.

Sounds like good thinking. I mean mostly they are used to quickly see if someone is strong or weak and I think the different patterns are too difficult for the human brain to decipher quickly. I always thought the green/yellow/red was pretty good, but if you build on that with shades that could be even better. Main use for it for an absolute majority of users has to be the quick look to see strong or weak, but if you can pack in more detail without loosing that, then I am all for it.

Hmm I'm not really noticing a difference in size of the instant replay between HM2 and HM3.

HM2:

dQTrUqA.png

HM3:

9v339mS.png

Can you show me a screenshot of what you see in HM2? Which version of NoteCaddy do you use in HM2 (found in NC → Help → About NoteCaddy)?
    I've been hesitant to update so using 2.6.0.9. Could update and see if that changes anything, but if it does it will get worse for me in hm2.

hm2 instan replayer.png

Quote Originally Posted by Beachking View Post
    I've been hesitant to update so using 2.6.0.9. Could update and see if that changes anything, but if it does it will get worse for me in hm2.

hm2 instan replayer.png
    Thanks for the screenshot, I can see the difference now. If you do update to the beta versions, the NC replay will get bigger like you see in HM3.

I will create a ticket for the developers to consider reducing the space between the hands, which should make the newer instant replay look similar to your screenshot.

Thank you for the suggestion.
    Last edited by NotecaddyEdge; 01-03-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Hi Beachking,

In HM3 they're called 'Groups', assuming you are referring to the HM2 NoteCaddy Popups.

So if you import your definitions into the HM3 NoteCaddy, then go into the HUD Profile Editor of HM3, you choose 'Add Statistic' on any '+' sign. You should see a section named 'NoteCaddy Note Groups', which will be the equivalent of the HM2 NoteCaddy Popups.
    How do you edit the "groups"?

For example, i have this group called NC.EDGE-Checkraise-Black.Group and i want to customize what it is showing me. In HM2 this was quite easy. Sorry if this is really obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBKK View Post
    How do you edit the "groups"?

For example, i have this group called NC.EDGE-Checkraise-Black.Group and i want to customize what it is showing me. In HM2 this was quite easy. Sorry if this is really obvious.
    Hi MartinBKK,

To edit what shows in a Note Group, you have to edit the particular Note Definitions. For instance if you have a definition that is showing in a Note Group, but you don't want it to you would do this:
    1. Open the Note Definition in NoteCaddy (find it and double-click it).
    2. Go to the 'HUD Options' tab in the definition.
    3. Expand the 'Show in Note Group' drop-down and uncheck the Note Group that it is applying to which you want to remove it from.
    4. Save the definition.

If you have troubles with it, just let us know

Hi MartinBKK,

To edit what shows in a Note Group, you have to edit the particular Note Definitions. For instance if you have a definition that is showing in a Note Group, but you don't want it to you would do this:
    1. Open the Note Definition in NoteCaddy (find it and double-click it).
    2. Go to the 'HUD Options' tab in the definition.
    3. Expand the 'Show in Note Group' drop-down and uncheck the Note Group that it is applying to which you want to remove it from.
    4. Save the definition.

If you have troubles with it, just let us know
    Great - thank you for your help.