Notecaddy popups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Notecaddy popups

How do I add notecaddy popups?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachking View Post
    How do I add notecaddy popups?
    Hi Beachking,

In HM3 they're called 'Groups', assuming you are referring to the HM2 NoteCaddy Popups.

So if you import your definitions into the HM3 NoteCaddy, then go into the HUD Profile Editor of HM3, you choose 'Add Statistic' on any '+' sign. You should see a section named 'NoteCaddy Note Groups', which will be the equivalent of the HM2 NoteCaddy Popups.

Ahh - sweet! Thanks! Will try this!

I think I get how it's done. A couple of questions.

Can I use a NC-note without getting the heatmap?

Can I get the pie chart with the old red/yellow/green instead of the new? Seems much harder to quickly judge strength with the new. (Found a setting for classic pie chart, but it makes no difference when I check or uncheck it seems)

And lastly - is there a way to get the more compact? I often want to use up to 10 last hands and in hm3 that fills too much of my screen, I prefer how it was in hm2 a lot.

Thanks,

B
    Last edited by Beachking; 01-03-2021 at 10:22 AM.

I think I get how it's done. A couple of questions.

Can I use a NC-note without getting the heatmap?

Can I get the pie chart with the old red/yellow/green instead of the new? Seems much harder to quickly judge strength with the new. (Found a setting for classic pie chart, but it makes no difference when I check or uncheck it seems)

And lastly - is there a way to get the more compact? I often want to use up to 10 last hands and in hm3 that fills too much of my screen, I prefer how it was in hm2 a lot.

Thanks,

B
    Hi Beachking,

I don't think you can remove a heatmap from a note.

The colors for the pie graphs are the first effort in order to try to improve them. Before the colors were scattered, but now they're trying to make similar colors represent similar strength hands, so that it's easier to use. I think it may improved further in the future. There isn't a way to go back to the older way. The classic pie chart splits into more detailed groupings, while the newer pie chart groups the hands in an easier to digest way, with more broad groupings.

"And lastly - is there a way to get the more compact? I often want to use up to 10 last hands and in hm3 that fills too much of my screen, I prefer how it was in hm2 a lot."

What specifically are you referring to that you want to size down? I think you maybe missed a word "is there a way to get the ____ more compact" which is confusing me. Many things in NC are customizable, so there is likely a solution for your question. Here are some things that you might be referring to that can impact the size of notes/features:

Settings → Data Settings → Use last X hands for instant replay
    Note Settings → Show $cardrange results in short form
    HUD → Maximum amount of notes in the note hud popup
    HUD → Maximum enumerated values to show in a note
    HUD → Height/Width of notes when shown by adding NC.NoteDefinition.Heatmap
    CaddyScatter → Display Height/Width for Overall/Individual Notes

The instant replay...get the instant replay popup - with the 5 or 10 or whatever you choose - hands that show up...they took much less space in hm2.

instant replay.png
    Last edited by Beachking; 01-03-2021 at 11:04 AM.

The instant replay...get the instant replay popup - with the 5 or 10 or whatever you choose - hands that show up...they took much less space in hm2.

instant replay.png
    Ah I see, unfortunately, that is not something that is configurable (besides changing the amount of hands that can appear).

Can I see what the overall thought is with the new pie-chart colors anywhere? I mean in hm2 green was weak and red was strong and yellow was something drawy. Now...it looks very messy I think...maybe can get used to it, but need to understand it first.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Ah I see, unfortunately, that is not something that is configurable (besides changing the amount of hands that can appear).
    That seems like a strange design-choice. I mean it seems to take almost twice the size of what it used to. My guess is most people who use NC play more than 1 or 2 tables and it just seems unreasonable that it almost covers 2 full tables when I choose to show 10 last hands.

Could I ask you to reconsider and maybe either see if it's easy to remove some of the filler space, or make it so that I can choose a smaller alternative? Should be fairly simple programming and worth a lot.

Thanks for the quick replies and the help,

B

Can I see what the overall thought is with the new pie-chart colors anywhere? I mean in hm2 green was weak and red was strong and yellow was something drawy. Now...it looks very messy I think...maybe can get used to it, but need to understand it first.
    f03YQ7D.png

Yes, from what I understand the colors are supposed to represent similar strength hands, and then they are separated by patterns to distinguish different groupings.

I have suggested to the developers my thoughts how to improve the pie chart design, but it hasn't been addressed as of yet. This is what I suggested:

The main things I would do to improve:

Place similar colors next to each other (if they are not already).

Instead of using different patterns for the colors, I would use different shades of colors based on strength.

Perhaps using some sort of color spectrum (like this https://i.imgur.com/lqaIR6B.png), where weaker hand ranges are colors on the left side, and as they get stronger the color used is further to the right.

If you have some ideas to expand or improve upon my suggestions, please let me know and I will share them with the developers.