NC Badges not showing in HUD in Game only in replayer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NC Badges not showing in HUD in Game only in replayer

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to HM3 with NC. And I am playing on WPN, on their Black Chip skin. The EDGE Cash 3 HUD works perfectly in Blitz (zoom) poker showing all the stats, except for NC badges which only populate in the replayer.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Glen20 View Post
    Hi All,

I recently upgraded to HM3 with NC. And I am playing on WPN, on their Black Chip skin. The EDGE Cash 3 HUD works perfectly in Blitz (zoom) poker showing all the stats, except for NC badges which only populate in the replayer.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Hi Glen20,

Thank you for letting us know about this. I will see if I can replicate the problem.

Thanks NotecaddyEdge!

I can even send you a video to your skype account of it in action. The NC badges panel comes up in game, but then doesn't load.

I also tried to import a custom made pre-built HM2 hud and badge system, but that didn't work and the missing badges showed up as grey/blue crosses. I have since reinstalled HM3 to see if the default NCEdge HUD works.
    Last edited by Glen20; 12-17-2020 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Added stuff

Thanks NotecaddyEdge!

I can even send you a video to your skype account of it in action. The NC badges panel comes up in game, but then doesn't load.

I also tried to import a custom made pre-built HM2 hud and badge system, but that didn't work and the missing badges showed up as grey/blue crosses. I have since reinstalled HM3 to see if the default NCEdge HUD works.
    You're welcome. In your video, in the replayer are you looking at hands from that same session you were playing? From what I could tell (I might be wrong) you were comparing different hands in replayer and live play.

I still do need to test this on my end, and I will try to do that today, or else tomorrow.

Regarding the grey/blue crosses, this means that those particular stats were not active in your NoteCaddy when you imported your HUD. To solve it, make sure those definitions are active in NoteCaddy (you may need to export them from your HM2 NC and import them into the HM3 NC). Also make sure any badge images you use are located in this directory:

C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\AppsData\NoteCaddy\NoteCaddyBadges

You can copy them over from your HM2 configuration from this directory:

C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCaddyBadges

Then export your HUD again from HM2, and import it into HM3.

"In your video, in the replayer are you looking at hands from that same session you were playing? From what I could tell (I might be wrong) you were comparing different hands in replayer and live play."

You are indeed correct. I thought it would be a good example to show you the reg players where NC badges appeared in the replayer, but the same regs did not show any NC badges in live play. Apologies if it caused any confusion, but I was just trying to show you the problem of no NC badges in live play.

Also regarding the HM2 HUD and NC import. I found the solutions you and others mentioned on other threads on the forum. And still had the same result, will give it another try with a fresh reinstall.

Edit: I imported definitions from HM2 NC and put the badges in the right folder. Still getting the same error. When i hover over the blue/grey icons it says:
    Stat: NC.ORderedBadge
    Value: Missing NoteCaddy stat definition
    This Session: Missing NoteCaddy stat definition

Thank you again for your time and patience in helping me with this.
    Much appreciated!
    Last edited by Glen20; 12-19-2020 at 12:55 AM.

"In your video, in the replayer are you looking at hands from that same session you were playing? From what I could tell (I might be wrong) you were comparing different hands in replayer and live play."

You are indeed correct. I thought it would be a good example to show you the reg players where NC badges appeared in the replayer, but the same regs did not show any NC badges in live play. Apologies if it caused any confusion, but I was just trying to show you the problem of no NC badges in live play.

Also regarding the HM2 HUD and NC import. I found the solutions you and others mentioned on other threads on the forum. And still had the same result, will give it another try with a fresh reinstall.

Edit: I imported definitions from HM2 NC and put the badges in the right folder. Still getting the same error. When i hover over the blue/grey icons it says:
    Stat: NC.ORderedBadge
    Value: Missing NoteCaddy stat definition
    This Session: Missing NoteCaddy stat definition

Thank you again for your time and patience in helping me with this.
    Much appreciated!
    Hi Glen20,

I forgot to mention to copy the colordefinitions over from HM2 to HM3. You can do it this way:

Navigate to:

C:\Users\[windows username]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager

There is a file named 'ColorDefinitions.xml' in this folder. This file can be imported into HM3 → NoteCaddy → Tools → Import → Import Color Definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by NotecaddyEdge View Post
    Hi Glen20,

I forgot to mention to copy the colordefinitions over from HM2 to HM3. You can do it this way:

Navigate to:

There is a file named 'ColorDefinitions.xml' in this folder. This file can be imported into HM3 → NoteCaddy → Tools → Import → Import Color Definitions.
    NC Badges appear in HM2 hud but not in HM3. But HM2 doesn't run as smoothly as HM3!
    Last edited by Glen20; 12-22-2020 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Duplicate post edited with new content

Hi Glen20,

Navigate to:

Followed the instructions, and the same result with my old HM2 HUD.

Was hoping to just use the Edge HUD but still no luck with the NC badges. Any other suggestions?

Hi Glen20,

Are you sure you have sufficient samples for the badges to appear? Are you seeing badges not appear at a live table, but for that same player the badges do show in the replayer?

Here are full instructions for migrating your NC setup from HM2 to HM3:

To migrate your HM2 NoteCaddy Definitions and Badges to HM3
    *Close HM3 and the server from the taskbar*

1. Copy the contents of this folder:
    C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCaddyDefinition s
    Paste them to this folder:
    C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\AppsData\NoteCaddy\definitions

2. Copy the contents of this folder:
    C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\AppsData\NoteCaddy\NoteCaddyBadges

3. Open HM3 and go into NoteCaddy. Click Tools → Import → Import Color Definitions. Choose your ColorDefinitions.xml file from this directory:
    C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager

4. Reset and reprocess your notes in NoteCaddy (File → Reset Notes).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Color Definitions, you can navigate to:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to use your HM2 HUD in HM3, you will want to export it from HM2, and then import it into HM3. You need to do this AFTER you've migrated/imported your definitions into NoteCaddy. If the HUD is imported beforehand, then the stats won't attach properly, and you'll see the missing stats icon.
    Last edited by NotecaddyEdge; 12-23-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Hi Glen20,

Are you sure you have sufficient samples for the badges to appear? Are you seeing badges not appear at a live table, but for that same player the badges do show in the replayer?

Here are full instructions for migrating your NC setup from HM2 to HM3:

To migrate your HM2 NoteCaddy Definitions and Badges to HM3
    *Close HM3 and the server from the taskbar*

1. Copy the contents of this folder:
    C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager\NoteCaddyDefinition s
    C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\AppsData\NoteCaddy\definitions

2. Copy the contents of this folder:

3. Open HM3 and go into NoteCaddy. Click Tools → Import → Import Color Definitions. Choose your ColorDefinitions.xml file from this directory:
    C:\Users\[WINDOWS USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\HoldemManager

4. Reset and reprocess your notes in NoteCaddy (File → Reset Notes).

For Color Definitions, you can navigate to:

If you want to use your HM2 HUD in HM3, you will want to export it from HM2, and then import it into HM3. You need to do this AFTER you've migrated/imported your definitions into NoteCaddy. If the HUD is imported beforehand, then the stats won't attach properly, and you'll see the missing stats icon.
    Hi NoteCaddyEdge,

To confirm the issue:
    1. The badges are showing up in the replayer HUD, but not in the in-game HUD during the session.
    2. The only reason I noticed was because the badges appeared in the replayer HUD for the players with a large enough sample.

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I will give it another go with the reset step and make sure everything is done in the right order.

I also noticed that the NC license didn't appear in the "My Licenses" section, even though it also says I still have 4 months remaining from my HM2 Nc license. Some pop-up stats were blocked because of NC trial dialogue. I have now paid for a new NC license, and the trial dialogue has gone. I was hopping this was the issue not allowing the badges to appear in game, but unfortunately it didn't fix that issue.

Will touch base again after implementing the reset and an even larger sample.

Hope you have a lovely festive season!
    Much appreciated.