Composite definition

Default Composite definition

I have a variety of conditions I wish to overlay in order to query my HM2 DB.
    They're made up of things like Formation (BTN v bb), Flop (AHL), Facing bet size (33/50/67% etc)
    Is there anyway to use composite definitions to just create each of the conditions independent of one another then overlay them (almost like aditional NC Filters) as necessary? I.e. Formation = true, Flop texture = true, bet size = true bb X/F as represented by instances/oporunities.
    This would save a huge amount of manual creating of a specific definition if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin252 View Post
    I have a variety of conditions I wish to overlay in order to query my HM2 DB.
    They're made up of things like Formation (BTN v bb), Flop (AHL), Facing bet size (33/50/67% etc)
    Is there anyway to use composite definitions to just create each of the conditions independent of one another then overlay them (almost like aditional NC Filters) as necessary? I.e. Formation = true, Flop texture = true, bet size = true bb X/F as represented by instances/oporunities.
    This would save a huge amount of manual creating of a specific definition if possible.
    Hi Colin252,

Hmm that is a tough question. You can use boolean expressions in your composites (> < == !=) which return 1 when true and 0 when false. So you can make if-then statements with them. Maybe you can creatively use these to make composites that can then be used as your overlays in your other composites.

Other that that though, I can't think of another or easier method to accomplish it.

Interesting...

Probably a rabbit hole to vanish down but I'll give ti a go, thank you for the suggestion :-)

Default Sample

So lets say I have I have 3 definitions:

A) BB call btn open
    B) Flop is ALL
    C) BB X/F v CB

How do I represent: return results of C, only in instances where both A + B are true
    Never used any boolean statements before, I think If I can see it once then I can test/build/learn to do the limited things I need.
    Any guidance you're able to provide would be mnost appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin252 View Post
    So lets say I have I have 3 definitions:

A) BB call btn open
    B) Flop is ALL
    C) BB X/F v CB

How do I represent: return results of C, only in instances where both A + B are true
    Never used any boolean statements before, I think If I can see it once then I can test/build/learn to do the limited things I need.
    Any guidance you're able to provide would be mnost appreciated.
    For something like this, I think you would rather want to create regular note definitions. It seems like it would be much easier than trying to figure out the complex expressions.

I'm not sure if your example would be a suitable one for this kind of example. If you were instead for example trying to figure out 'C' for when 'A' > 50 and 'B' (not sure what 'flop is all' means) > 50, then this type of composite definition could come in handy.