hand histories from gg poker tournaments

Default hand histories from gg poker tournaments

hey, im trying to deal with gg hh files. if I have a file from a mtt from gg, I upload it to my normal database. It imports ok. But I cant find them. when I try to select the nickname used, it doesnt find it. (ive been using the find and replace tool in notepad to change nickname from hero to another).

but if i create a new database and upload the file, there I can find it. Any ideas?

Why are you editing the hero name in the files? Did you previously import the file before the name was changed?

Try to 'force reimport' the hands if importing them to the same database. Toggle on the HM3 - Tools - Settings - Import - [x] 'Allow reimport of hand histories' then import the files again using the HM3 - File - Import Folder/Files options. See the linked images below:

If you continue to have problems but the hands import fine to the new database then I would just suggest you switch to the new database and reimport all your older hands to the new database that you want in it.

This is why regular backups are a good idea. If your database becomes corrupt, or you have hardware problems, you can restore a backup and only have to import the most recent hands (that were played after the backup was created) and edit any tournament results played after the backup was created if necessary. I recommend keeping at least the most recent 2 or 3 backups in case the most recent one does not restore properly you can try the previous backup. You can make a backup of the active database at any time by using the Tools - 'Backup Database...' menu.