Extra space after hud-stats prefix?

Default Extra space after hud-stats prefix?

Why o why o why have you put in an extra space after every prefix for stats that are imported from HM2? That's gonna cost me a few hours extra time switching over. Any chance you have a quick fix that saves me the extra work?

Please 'Contact Support' with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please export the HUD(s) from HM2 that you were trying to import to HM3 that caused this problem and zip/attach it along with screenshots of how it appears for you in HM2 and HM3 on the tables and/or replayer with a detailed description of any visual or statistical issues you are experiencing.

HM2 - Heads-Up Display - HUD Settings - HUD Designer - Export

When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like Dropbox, then in Windows File Explorer right-click (DropBox Icon) 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with Dropbox try using WeTransfer or FileDropper or FireFox Send or Google Drive and copy/paste the download link to us.

Done.

Now that I look closer I see that there seems to be extra space between all my stats even though there appears to be no "space" when I look at the specific stat in HUD editor in HM3.

I thought I could manually fix the problem by going through all stats and remove the extra "space" from them, but if the space comes from something else that doesn't seem like a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachking View Post
    Done.

Now that I look closer I see that there seems to be extra space between all my stats even though there appears to be no "space" when I look at the specific stat in HUD editor in HM3.

I thought I could manually fix the problem by going through all stats and remove the extra "space" from them, but if the space comes from something else that doesn't seem like a solution.
    We have an open developer ticket about HM2 to HM3 HUD import differences in spacing and padding:

HMT-4119 HUD spacing/padding and Stat font appearance issues

We need to see how your HUD was built in HM2 and what in HM3 is causing the issues. Please follow the instructions in the post above to send us the HUD and screenshots/details of which HUD profile and stats have the problem so we can test/review your files and issues and add them to that developer ticket if there is no way for us to help you make it appear how you want.

"Done" meant that I have done that. Wasn't very clear, sorry., but have sent zipped hud and images of both hm2 and hm3 version of the one I exported from hm2 to hm3.

Any updates on this? HM2 nears it's grave and I fear I have to redo my whole hud...

This is not something you can fix on your end. It is just a matter of differences in the HM2 and HM3 HUD engine code that cause HM3 HUDs to always have more padding/spacing than the same HUD built in HM2. It is something the developers will try and improve when working on our new 'HUD 2.0' engine for HM3 next year. I do not have an estimate for when this issue will be resolved. We do not give estimates until it has been confirmed as implemented/resolved by our testers and the release is imminent.

Seems like it's something similar with popups. All the hard work getting stuff to look the way I wanted in HM2 seems to not transfer to HM3.

Yes, unfortunately the popups and HUDs both have this issue as the HUD engine for HM2 and HM3 are completely different engines. The only thing I can suggest is to spend some time manually editing the HUDs and Popups in HM3 to try and make them look better/smaller.

If you can export your HUDs from HM2 and send it to us with screenshots of the differences between the HM2 and HM3 HUDs/Popups we can add them to the HMT-4119 developer ticket to use for reference and testing after we start working on the new HUD 2.0 engine.

Please 'Contact Support' with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please export the HUD(s) from HM2 that you were trying to import to HM3 that caused this problem and zip/attach it along with screenshots of how it appears for you in HM2 and HM3 on the tables and/or replayer with a detailed description of any visual or statistical issues you are experiencing.

HM2 - Heads-Up Display - HUD Settings - HUD Designer - Export

When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like Dropbox, then in Windows File Explorer right-click (DropBox Icon) 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with Dropbox try using WeTransfer or FileDropper or FireFox Send or Google Drive and copy/paste the download link to us.