Location of badges on the screen.

Default Location of badges on the screen.

Hello! Is there any way to make sure that a specific badge ALWAYS stands in a specific place, regardless of the presence or absence of other badges?

Now I do not understand how to do this and how it work. For example, I attached note with Grouping preffix "PR.Badge.AI" to my badge. This badge is on "New Panel" in HUD.

Now when I move the badge with Grouping preffix "PR" which have other "Panel", I see what's on the other table notes with a group preffix "PR.Badge.AI" are moving...

It seems that if, for example, there are definitions for Badge1, Badge2, Badge3, Badge4, Badge5, then if Badge2, Badge3, Badge4 is absent on the screen, Badge5 will take the position of Badge2,
    regardless of its group suffix, and the assigned panel position in the HUD.

Is that so, and there is nothing you can do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by FALOs View Post
    Hello! Is there any way to make sure that a specific badge ALWAYS stands in a specific place, regardless of the presence or absence of other badges?

Now I do not understand how to do this and how it work. For example, I attached note with Grouping preffix "PR.Badge.AI" to my badge. This badge is on "New Panel" in HUD.

Now when I move the badge with Grouping preffix "PR" which have other "Panel", I see what's on the other table notes with a group preffix "PR.Badge.AI" are moving...

It seems that if, for example, there are definitions for Badge1, Badge2, Badge3, Badge4, Badge5, then if Badge2, Badge3, Badge4 is absent on the screen, Badge5 will take the position of Badge2,
    regardless of its group suffix, and the assigned panel position in the HUD.

Is that so, and there is nothing you can do about it?
    Hi FALOs,

I'm not sure I entirely understand you, but you can make a specific badge always stay in a specific place. To do this, give it its own unique Prefix in its definition ('Grouping Prefix' for Note Definitions - 'Prefix' for Color Definitions). Then place the stat NC.PrefixedBadge.(Your Unique Prefix) on your HUD.

Hi!

I'm not sure I entirely understand you, but you can make a specific badge always stay in a specific place.

Finally I checked this statement. Unfortunately, this does not work for me and has never worked. Badges always took the place of the "absent" ones on the screen.
    As I understand it, regardless of their "Unique Prefix", they have a certain order of arrangement on the screen, and if a badge is not displayed, then the next one in this order takes its place.

For example, I took a replayer, 3 different players, one place - lower left corner, 3 different badges with 3 unique prefixes : [PR.Badge.AI] [STF.B.FP] [STF.B.C]

Result:

All three badges have separate panels and they jump around the screen depending on the presence or absence of other badges.
    The same thing happens at the gaming table - badges dance in the statistics area, displaying differently for different players.

What am I doing wrong, and can I ensure that the badge is ALWAYS in its place, regardless of the presence or absence of other badges on the screen?

Ty.
    Last edited by FALOs; 12-02-2020 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FALOs View Post
    Hi!

All three badges have separate panels and they jump around the screen depending on the presence or absence of other badges.
    The same thing happens at the gaming table - badges dance in the statistics area, displaying differently for different players.

What am I doing wrong, and can I ensure that the badge is ALWAYS in its place, regardless of the presence or absence of other badges on the screen?

Ty.
    Hi FALOs,

Sorry about that, perhaps I gave you some incorrect information.

There might be a way to do this, but it would require some work. I'm thinking you could create some transparent badge images, and make them appear in place of badges which are not meeting requirements to display. It's not an easy solution, but I think that could work if you really want to have certain badges stay in an exact place.

For example, each badge of yours would have a transparent counterpart with the same Prefix, that would display by default until the actual badge can appear. Hope that makes sense.

For example, each badge of yours would have a transparent counterpart with the same Prefix, that would display by default until the actual badge can appear. Hope that makes sense.

Hmm, what a non-standard and creative solution!
    Now I am reading what you wrote to me and thinking how to implement it ... I understand correctly that for the definition with each existing badge, I have to create a definition that does nothing except display a transparent badge with the same unique prefix?
    It will be necessary to check whether a definition that does nothing will display a badge on the screen. To be honest, I have never done anything like that. I hope such dummy definitions will not strain the processor too much
    Last edited by FALOs; 12-02-2020 at 07:40 PM.