Capture observed hands

Default Capture observed hands

In Tools/Poker Site Settings/Optional Settings we have the option 'Capture oberved hands'. What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by bluffsport View Post
    In Tools/Poker Site Settings/Optional Settings we have the option 'Capture oberved hands'. What does that mean?
    The sites with that option allow HM3 to collect some number of hands when observing a table for the HUD data to aid the user in table selection. For example: Stars allows us to pre-fetch a max of 30 observed hands per session. Some sites (Horizon/Cake is the only one left I believe) still write actual files when observing tables so there is no toggle needed or max hand limit.

It looks like it is this option that leads to hands stats of unknown players start >0 (when I'm seated to a new table in a tournament). I have unchecked the option and now all stats of unknown players start with 0 again.

Quote Originally Posted by bluffsport View Post
    It looks like it is this option that leads to hands stats of unknown players start >0 (when I'm seated to a new table in a tournament). I have unchecked the option and now all stats of unknown players start with 0 again.
    Yes, that will happen if this option is enabled. It is mostly a feature for cash game players so they can observe a table and see if it is fishy enough for them to sit and play. If you mostly/only play tournaments then disabling it is probably what would most tournament players would prefer.