Combined into a single note issue

Default Combined into a single note issue

Hello!

I have not used this feature for a long time, now I need it, but maybe I don’t understand/forgot something in the concept?

I made several files with the same description: "COMB $cardrange". My calculation was that as the final result I will see 1 note with merged into one $cardrange for all these files. As a result, I see this:

Is that how it should be?

Also, I see this message

only 1 time when I create a new combined definition (File > Save New), then if I make any corrections in this or other combined definition with same description and File> Save, this message is no longer shown.

If I don't understand something, can I somehow combine a definitions with the same description, but at the same time $cardrange should be merged also in one single note?

Ty.
    Last edited by FALOs; 11-20-2020 at 01:39 AM.

Hi FALOs,

If it's not too much trouble could you please upload a few of these definitions?

I will then create a ticket for the developers so they can investigate if it's intended behavior or not. I'm personally not sure if that's how the combined definitions should work or not. It seems like it might be a bug though.

If it's not too much trouble could you please upload a few of these definitions?

I will then create a ticket for the developers so they can investigate if it's intended behavior or not. I'm personally not sure if that's how the combined definitions should work or not. It seems like it might be a bug though.

Hi. With pleasure.
    NoteCaddyDefinitions.zip

Quote Originally Posted by FALOs View Post
    Hi. With pleasure.
    NoteCaddyDefinitions.zip
    Thank you, FALOs. I've created a ticket for the developers. I'll let you know when there's an update.

Hey NCEdge!
    Since the whole direction of NC - merged definition turned out to be in fact not working, I would very much like this problem to be assigned a sufficiently high priority. I do not know what priority you put on your ticket, so just in case I remind you of the problem. I have a whole bunch of definitions disabled now, and awaiting correction

Hey NCEdge!
    Since the whole direction of NC - merged definition turned out to be in fact not working, I would very much like this problem to be assigned a sufficiently high priority. I do not know what priority you put on your ticket, so just in case I remind you of the problem. I have a whole bunch of definitions disabled now, and awaiting correction
    Hey FALOs,

I adjusted the ticket from 'medium' to 'high' priority. That being said though, it still might be a little while before they get to fixing this issue (although it might not be). Probably very few people use merged definitions, so they first try to knock out issues that affect the most users.

I'll do what I can and ask if the issue can be placed onto the current group of issues that is being worked on.

Thank you for your willingness to help. Maybe the problem will not be fixed quickly, but the chance of this is now higher

I think this is solved now in NC v2.9.81.0. Please let us know if you have any problems with it.

http://www.assaultware.com/notecaddy.2.9.81.0.zip

NotecaddyEdge

I think this is solved now in NC v2.9.81.0. Please let us know if you have any problems with it.

I confirm the problem has been fixed. Ty NCEdge!

NotecaddyEdge

I confirm the problem has been fixed. Ty NCEdge!
    Great, thank you for letting us know