effective stacksize filter
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default effective stacksize filter

eff stacks does not work properly
    it filters for the effective stack at the table, not the effective stacksizes among the players in the actual hand.

another thing that might be a bug but also me misapplying filters

i wanted to check how a group of players i have in an alias acts when facing different opponents.

therefore i chose the alias and used the "vs player" filter to check vs diff opp...

but the results seem to be nonsense, since the players in the alias now have 66vpip

what did i miss, or is this filter also faulty? i used to use it in hm2 a lot

while im at it:

my player alias seems to not use all hands that are in the database.
    no filters set.

Attachment 164830

more bugs:

when i load an alias, the total amount net won is different every time

i can reproduce the error by changing to one of my screen names and then loading the alias again

wtaf
    Last edited by horsetranquilizer; 11-07-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by horsetranquilizer View Post
    eff stacks does not work properly
    it filters for the effective stack at the table, not the effective stacksizes among the players in the actual hand.
    Do you have this same problem when using site screen names as the active player in the reports instead of an alias?

another thing that might be a bug but also me misapplying filters

i wanted to check how a group of players i have in an alias acts when facing different opponents.

therefore i chose the alias and used the "vs player" filter to check vs diff opp...

but the results seem to be nonsense, since the players in the alias now have 66vpip

what did i miss, or is this filter also faulty? i used to use it in hm2 a lot
    Is your alias only your own 'Hero' players, or is it an alias of villains being used for population study?

while im at it:

my player alias seems to not use all hands that are in the database.
    no filters set.

Attachment 164830
    This seems to answer my other question above.

This population study technique of using an alias of non 'hero' players can cause erroneous results in the reports if some of the villain's you aliased together have played hands against each other. An alias is designed to join 2 or more hero screen names that would not have played against each other so while this is possible to do it is not something we officially support or recommend.

We also released a new HM3 App that will make population study much easier

We have a free version of the Range Wizard app under the HM3 - Apps menu if you click 'Get HM3 Apps...'.

Please send us the actual database for testing the 3 issues above to see if they are all related to the non hero alias or not:
    - Please 'Contact Support' with a link to this thread and your forum username.
    - Close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - The *.hmdb files are saved by default in C:\Users\{Username}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases
    - Make sure you also include uncropped screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. for each of the 3 errors we need to test.
    - Also send us a copy of your logs and config files as instructed in this FAQ - https://support.holdemmanager.com/su...les-to-support
    - When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email.
    - If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like Dropbox, then in Windows File Explorer right-click (DropBox Icon) 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with Dropbox try using WeTransfer or FileDropper or FireFox Send or Google Drive and copy/paste the download link to us.

more bugs:

when i load an alias, the total amount net won is different every time

i can reproduce the error by changing to one of my screen names and then loading the alias again

wtaf
    Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

Do you have this same problem when using site screen names as the active player in the reports instead of an alias?
    yes,
    i set to my site SN, then i filter effective stacks greater than 90bb and preflop allin.... i still get preflop allins for 25bb eff in the report... something is wrong...

Is your alias only your own 'Hero' players, or is it an alias of villains being used for population study?
    i am studying a group of opponents.
    same result when i filter my own SN vs other players

vs player filter when using an alias of hero only players wouldnt make much sense anyway, unless i had several accounts on the same network
    one related question/suggestion: i would like to put an alias as the "vs player"... seems like i can only choose from single opponents in that window
    Last edited by horsetranquilizer; 11-08-2020 at 06:28 AM.

i would highly appreciate being able to create opponent aliases. it is pretty much necessary when you are facing bots or want to make population studies between different sites or stakes

regarding the alias i created and am referring to. yes those players all play in the same games and sit at the same tables in at least half of the hands

yes,
    i set to my site SN, then i filter effective stacks greater than 90bb and preflop allin.... i still get preflop allins for 25bb eff in the report... something is wrong...

i am studying a group of opponents.
    same result when i filter my own SN vs other players

vs player filter when using an alias of hero only players wouldnt make much sense anyway, unless i had several accounts on the same network
    one related question/suggestion: i would like to put an alias as the "vs player"... seems like i can only choose from single opponents in that window
    Please send us the actual database for testing.
    - Please 'Contact Support' with a link to this thread and your forum username.
    - Close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - The *.hmdb files are saved by default in C:\Users\{Username}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases
    - Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.
    - When sending any files please zip them (select all files with CTRL+A > right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email.
    - If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like Dropbox, then in Windows File Explorer right-click (DropBox Icon) 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with Dropbox try using WeTransfer or FileDropper or FireFox Send or Google Drive and copy/paste the download link to us.

i would highly appreciate being able to create opponent aliases. it is pretty much necessary when you are facing bots or want to make population studies between different sites or stakes

regarding the alias i created and am referring to. yes those players all play in the same games and sit at the same tables in at least half of the hands
    Aliases are only designed for hero screen names that have never played each other. Aliasing opponents that play each other is going to give erroneous results as I mentioned. If you are having problems filtering hero aliases vs single players or players vs players we can test those issues if you send us the database or hands and screenshots/details of the problems as I mentioned in the previous replies above.

The only other thing I can suggest for population study is checking out the new Range Wizard app I mentioned above.

thanks for taking the time

i am not going to send in my db, it is rather big and i dont see much to be gained

Hello, i have the same issue. When i put the filter effective stack less than 7.00bb hm3 show me hands with more of 7.00bb effective stack, even 20bb. Do you know this bug?