backup datebase

Thread: backup datebase

Default backup datebase

What does the HM3 database contain? HUD, report, hand history? Is that all? Does something have to be done separately?

It backs up the database and whatever hands are in that database (and player/hand notes, tags, bonuses/rakeback, etc), your general settings, HUD settings, HUD profiles, saved reports and saved filters. I still recommend that you also backup/save your original archived hand history files, and export individual HUD profiles also. I personally setup my HM3 to archive hands to my google drive cloud folder so I always have backup copy saved regardless of my location/PC.

You can make a backup of the active database and settings at any time by using the Tools - 'Backup Database...' menu then restore it using the Tools - 'Restore Database...' option.
    - Individual HUD Profiles can also be exported from the HUD - HUD Editor - Options button menu.
    - All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\HM3Archive\2016\07\31). *It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.

If you also want to manually backup the database/settings files: Your actual uncompressed HM3 databases are stored in*C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\.**Your personalized HM3 settings/files are stored in*C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\. If you can't see those folders/files, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

Thank for answer! I have more and more date, that's why i think about no lose it. I upload all files in cloud and save to pendrive

Quote Originally Posted by laguxx View Post
    Thank for answer! I have more and more date, that's why i think about no lose it. I upload all files in cloud and save to pendrive
    You are very welcome. Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.

If you are saving backups and other poker files to a cloud service I would suggest you also save your original HM2/3 archived hands to your cloud service (and external flash/hard drives) like I do, if you aren't already:

2020-10-20_09h49_14.png

I also use AllWay Sync to sync my archive folder, and other poker/personal files and folders that I save to google drive, to an external hard drive.