River Call Efficiency

Default River Call Efficiency

I was taking a look at my "River Call Efficiency" while trying to plug some of my leaks. I noticed the numbers just don't seem to match up or are being calculated in some way I can not seem to understand ...

For example, I found a hand where I called $4.11 to win $9.59, for a total pot of $13.70 or $13.02 after rake. I filtered down to ONLY this hand by filtering the holecards / flop texture.

$9.59 / $4.11 would be roughly 2.33 or after rake $8.91 / $4.11 would be roughly 2.167 but HM3 is showing my River Call Efficiency for this hand only as 2.24.

Another example, one hand I needed to call $2 to win $4.35 (I won this one) and another hand needed to call $7.50 to win $20.29 (I lost this hand) ... so average on these 2 hands I called $9.50 and won $4.35, $4.35 / $9.50 = .4578 ... but HM2 has my River Call efficiency as .64 ...?

Can you share what the formula is? This doesn't seem right based on the description that it's supposed to be the average return in dollars per dollar called.
    Last edited by ten25; 10-04-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ten25 View Post
    I was taking a look at my "River Call Efficiency" while trying to plug some of my leaks. I noticed the numbers just don't seem to match up or are being calculated in some way I can not seem to understand ...

For example, I found a hand where I called $4.11 to win $9.59, for a total pot of $13.70 or $13.02 after rake. I filtered down to ONLY this hand by filtering the holecards / flop texture.

$9.59 / $4.11 would be roughly 2.33 or after rake $8.91 / $4.11 would be roughly 2.167 but HM3 is showing my River Call Efficiency for this hand only as 2.24.

Another example, one hand I needed to call $2 to win $4.35 (I won this one) and another hand needed to call $7.50 to win $20.29 (I lost this hand) ... so average on these 2 hands I called $9.50 and won $4.35, $4.35 / $9.50 = .4578 ... but HM2 has my River Call efficiency as .64 ...?

Can you share what the formula is? This doesn't seem right based on the description that it's supposed to be the average return in dollars per dollar called.
    To clarify, I meant HM3 in the 4th line... not HM2.

Here is the actual expression:

That being said we have an open developer ticket to rework this stat/expression to make it easier to understand.

This stat has been causing a lot of confusion. After a discussion we came to the conclusion that it’s best to have 0 be the breakeven point and add negative values. Every loss should return -1, currently it returns 0. Wins are correct.

An example: facing a pot sized bet (we’re getting 2:1 pot odds):
    a) winning one hand and loosing one hand: 2-1=1
    b) winning one hand and loosing two hands: 2-1-1=0
    c) winning one hand and loosing three hands: 2-1-1-1=-1

Another example: facing a 2x pot bet (we’re getting 3:2 or 1.5:1 pot odds):
    a) winning one hand and loosing one hand: 1.5-1=0.5
    b) winning one hand and loosing two hands: 1.5-1-1=-0.5
    c) winning one hand and loosing three hands: 1.5-1-1-1=-1.5
    d) winning four hands and loosing six hands: (1.5*4) – (1*6)= 0

And another example: facing a half pot bet (we’re getting 3:1 pot odds):
    a) winning one hand and loosing one hand: 3-1=2
    b) winning one hand and loosing two hands: 3-1-1=-1
    c) winning one hand and loosing three hands: 3-1-1-1=0
    d) winning one hand and loosing four hands: 3-1-1-1-1=-1

Split pot hands currently return 0. They should return half the value it would have been if the pot had been won.
    If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5084 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

If you could also export those specific hands and zip/attach them to your support ticket we can add them to the developer ticket for testing the new implementation in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Here is the actual expression:

That being said we have an open developer ticket to rework this stat/expression to make it easier to understand.

If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5084 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

If you could also export those specific hands and zip/attach them to your support ticket we can add them to the developer ticket for testing the new implementation in the future.
    I think the error is in the 1st part of the expression, guessing the "TotalAmountWagered" shouldn't be in there and / or there could be an order of operations problem with TotalAmountWagered being multiplied by 100 before being added together with NetAmountWonInCents and RakeAmountInCents. Not sure what language this is written in but that's all that stands out to me.

I think the error is in the 1st part of the expression, guessing the "TotalAmountWagered" shouldn't be in there and / or there could be an order of operations problem with TotalAmountWagered being multiplied by 100 before being added together with NetAmountWonInCents and RakeAmountInCents. Not sure what language this is written in but that's all that stands out to me.
    Please 'Contact Support' with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ. Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Please 'Contact Support' with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please zip and email the original problem hand histories and tournament summaries to us as instructed at the bottom of this FAQ. Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports/filters and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, filter, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.
    Submitted to support. Thank you.

Submitted to support. Thank you.
    Has this been looked in to? I was looking again at this stat in v3.1.19.0 and it's still off. I am pretty sure I've got a River leak in certain spots, it would be awesome if I could rely on this stat. Right now I have to go through and manually calculate each hand.

It would also be great if we could manually edit some of the definitions for different stats (or create our own) to help with situations like this.
    Last edited by ten25; 12-31-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Has this been looked in to?
    HMT-5084 is still an open issue in our 'Backlog' category. Unfortunately I do not have an estimate for when this issue will be resolved. We do not give estimates until it has been confirmed as implemented/resolved by our testers and the release is imminent.

It would also be great if we could manually edit some of the definitions for different stats (or create our own) to help with situations like this.
    It is not possible to edit stat definitions and HM3 does/will not have a custom report stats feature like PT4 has.