Setup Wizard everytime I launch HM3

Default Setup Wizard everytime I launch HM3

Hi,

I installed HM3 on a new PC and I get the Setup Wizard everytime I launched HM3 even though I configured everything and restored my Database before I closed it.

I turned off both my Windos 10 antivirus and firewall. Yet, the problem is still there.

I heard about PostgreSQL but idk what to do about that.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks,

matt.

This is a known issue for the developers:

HMT-5420: HM3 can`t connect to database after configuration restore

This issue has been documented in detail and provided to the developers to resolve. If you want to be notified when it is fixed please send an email via the 'Contact Support' link and include "Notify Me When HMT-5420 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

To solve this problem manually:

- Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - The next time you restart HM3 and get the setup wizard choose the Advanced option.
    - Then choose the option to open an existing HM3 database and browse to C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases and select the database you restored then finish the setup wizard.
    - Now that new database path will be written to the config file, instead of the path from the other computer, and HM3 should open without the setup wizard the next time you restart HM3.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 09-12-2020 at 10:39 AM.

An easier way to fix it would also be:

- Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - Navigate to the restored database location, which is C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases by default.
    - Double-click the DatabaseName.hmdb file.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post

- Navigate to the restored database location, which is C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases by default.

Thank you fozzy!

So if I'm getting it well. I'm not opening HM3.exe anymore but my DB file which launches HM3. So I can create a shortcut of that DB file to my desktop and delete the HM3.exe shortcut

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post

Thank you fozzy !

So If I get it well, I won't be opening HM3 thanks to HM3.exe anymore but thanks to my DB file. Therefore, I can create a shortcut of that DB file to my deskstop and delete the hold HM3 shortcut which always launchs the Wizard Setup.

You should be able to open HM3 normally now. You only have/had to open that *hmdb file manually one time so that the new database \folder and file name gets written to the config and log files.