capturing observed hands on PokerStars

Unhappy capturing observed hands on PokerStars

Hi,
    I've just upgraded to HM3 due to the functionality capturing observed hands on PokerStars.
    At first it works when opening some tables but after a really short time it stops working (let's say if trying to capture the 4th, 5th table even if the first 3, 4 tables were closed, so opening only 1-2 tables at the same time for only 1 hand).
    Is there any restriction how long / for how many tables, hands it should work?

Thanks,
    Peter

Pokerstars limits us to a small number of observed hands per table/session. I believe the max hands per session is around 30.

Note: If you make a post on our forums and do not see it right away, please do not post it again and again. Our forums have automated moderation for possibly malicious posts and your multiple threads all went into the moderation queue to be manually approved. I had to delete the other 4 similar threads you made after you weren't able to see this first thread.

thanks for the reply, and sorry for the multiple posts, I just realized the review process later (the notification about that disappeared very quickly).
    2 questions:
    1.) what is considered to be a session, I mean when does it end? after leaving the tables for 10 minutes or what is the definition on that?
    2.) I understand that the amount of observed hands to import is limited but isn't it possible to show the HUD with the earlier stats available even if no new hands are imported? PT4 works that way as far as I know.

just to add: the functionality is not working even after not playing some hours. restarting HM3 and pokerstars does not help. restarting cimputer seems to help.

I am not sure the timeframe that Stars considers a session. They are very strict on datamining, so you are not allowed to import that many hands. You won't just be able to keep opening new tables in a short time to get it.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Angry

Have you seen my other points?
    1. The functionality stops working and I need to restart my computer to get it working again (even after waiting after the end of session a very long time)?
    2. I don't want to data mine, it would be enough to just show the HUD with the previous stats when observing a table without parsing new hands, as done by PT4.

This clearly seems to be a bug.
    This is the function why I bought HM3 and seems to be buggy.
    Please advise. Would you reimburse my money and should I buy PT4?

Shortly: the issue is not that HM is not importing observed hands but the HUD fully disappears for observed tables and can't get it working again without restaring my computer.
    Last edited by vanpeter; 09-09-2020 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vanpeter View Post
    Have you seen my other points?
    1. The functionality stops working and I need to restart my computer to get it working again (even after waiting after the end of session a very long time)?
    2. I don't want to data mine, it would be enough to just show the HUD with the previous stats when observing a table without parsing new hands, as done by PT4.

This clearly seems to be a bug.
    This is the function why I bought HM3 and seems to be buggy.
    Please advise. Would you reimburse my money and should I buy PT4?

Shortly: the issue is not that HM is not importing observed hands but the HUD fully disappears for observed tables and can't get it working again without restaring my computer.
    We have a 15 day refund period if you want to refund HM3 and buy PT4. I believe our sales team can actually switch the licenses manually for you from HM3 to the same license version of PT4 without having to process and wait for the refund. That is not something we can help with on the forums for security reasons. Please login to your account on our site and email your questions to to our sales team via the 'Contact Support' link.

Restarting HM3 and your poker client in the order below should be all that is needed to get the observed HUD working again without having to restart the computer completely.

- Close your poker clients, close HM3 and right-click - 'Exit' the HM3 Server icon in the Windows Notification Tray.
    - Restart HM3 and make sure HM3 and the HM3 Server (Auto Import/HUD) is fully started.
    - Launch your poker client(s).

I just opened 4 tables and observed them with session stats enabled and waited for the HUDs to stop updating then jumped into an empty seat at one of the tables and the HUD worked fine for me once it imported my first played hand.

If the HUD is not working properly after the observed hand limit is reached and you start playing hands we need you to reproduce the problem, screenshot the tables you are playing, and send those screenshots to us with your log files and hands from a session as instructed below.

a) Please reproduce the problem and:
    - Take a screenshot of the table/desktop before and after the problems
    - Try to include the Live Play tab, your poker client lobby and a browser page of this site visible in the screen shot.

b) Click the 'Send Feedback' button from the left sidebar menu, or from the 'Help' menu at the top, and send your logs and config files with a detailed description of the problem.
    - Send the screenshots in the same/new support ticket the Send Feedback system generated for this issue.
    - Attach a copy of the original Hand history for the table with the issue.*
    - Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.

With all the above information we should be able to narrow down what is causing the issue. If all the information is not included we will need to email you again to request it.

*All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\HM3Archive\2016\07\31). It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like Dropbox, then in Windows File Explorer right-click (DropBox Icon) 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with Dropbox try using FileDropper or FireFox Send or Google Drive and copy/paste the download link to us.