Popup Lag

Thread: Popup Lag

Default Popup Lag

I added some Notecaddy express definitions and put them on a custom popup. Since then I have been getting a lot of lag when trying to look at pop ups. Enough that I've missed out on several potential opportunities due to being unable to assess the situation properly. I'm not sure if the Notecaddy definitions I made and new pop up were the trigger for this, but that's when it started happening.

My PC should not be a bottleneck here, Threadripper 1950x with 64gb RAM and overclocked a little.

Are you using HM2 or HM3? (if HM2, which version of NoteCaddy are you using?)

~How many hands do players have who you are experiencing popup lag for?

HM3. It's happening on all players regardless of # of hands. Basically, I try to click a stat on my HUD to bring up a pop up - the pop up displays - but all the stats are missing until the data loads. I attached a photo of what it looks like. Before taking the screen grab I'd say at least 5 seconds had elapsed. popupNotLoading.png

edit: I just tried another one and it took 14 seconds before the stats displayed.
    Last edited by ten25; 09-06-2020 at 12:05 PM.

This even happens when you have a small number of hands on a player? For me, I've noticed that the more hands I have on a player, the longer it takes for the stats to load.

Something you can try is to go into HM3 → HUD → HUD Options → Uncheck 'Retrieve Session Stats for Tooltips'.

Also in this same area, try setting Stats from last x hands to something like 10,000 or 20,000 maximum.

If you still experience long popup loading time after that, try making inactive your new NoteCaddy definitions and see if the issue persists. Please let us know the results. If just a few NoteCaddy definitions is causing this issue, we'll need to write it up to get improved. My guess is that the NC stats are not the cause of the issue though.

I know what you're saying, but I don't have 10,000 hands on anyone yet. This was happening with all players, even players that had 10 hands. I already reinstalled HM3 and got rid of the popup that was causing this, so can't play with it anymore. I might make some new popups soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ten25 View Post
    I know what you're saying, but I don't have 10,000 hands on anyone yet. This was happening with all players, even players that had 10 hands. I already reinstalled HM3 and got rid of the popup that was causing this, so can't play with it anymore. I might make some new popups soon.
    That's interesting. If you see something like this happen again, can you please send us the popup and any NC definitions which are used in it, in a support ticket? https://support.holdemmanager.com/support/ticket/79