hm2 doesnt back up database.

Default hm2 doesnt back up database.

For some reason hm2 doesnt want to backup the database. After not even 1 minute i get the message that the database was updated, even though nothing happened. Usually backups take 20-30 mins. I even made a video showcasing it https://streamable.com/dr3vql
    I also tried out diffrent versions of hm2 but had the same problem each time.
    A few days ago i got an error message that closed hm2 after opening, but i cant remember what error it was. I just know i was able to solve this error by restarting the pc. It may be related to my current problem.

Quote Originally Posted by korfadevon View Post
    For some reason hm2 doesnt want to backup the database. After not even 1 minute i get the message that the database was updated, even though nothing happened. Usually backups take 20-30 mins. I even made a video showcasing it https://streamable.com/dr3vql
    I also tried out diffrent versions of hm2 but had the same problem each time.
    A few days ago i got an error message that closed hm2 after opening, but i cant remember what error it was. I just know i was able to solve this error by restarting the pc. It may be related to my current problem.
    How much free space do you have on your system/C drive and how big is the database according to the HM2 > Database > Database Info menu? You generally need more than twice as much free space as your database is big according to that menu and you should always have at least 20% free space.

Please see this FAQ to clear up some more free space.

Try emptying c:\temp and/or c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp. You will need to show system and hidden files. See this tutorial for showing system and hidden files.

If you continue to have problems you can try moving the windows temp directories that we use for these database procedures to another drive that has more free space.

Put the backup file location on another drive.

Also, make sure that the permissions settings are not blocking the necessary files/folders. Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks.

If you continue to have problems:

Please enable the Settings > Feature Logging > [x] 'DBControlPanel' option and increase the Max number of log files option to 10 so old logs are saved with date/time stamps.

You can also enable this before you launch HM2 from the Start Menu.

Please reproduce the problem and zip/attach your HM2Logs folder with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing so we can determine if we need you to send the DB backup for testing. Make sure you include a link to this thread and your forum name when sending any log files regarding this thread topic.

I have around 60gb out of 120 gb free space on my usb stick, which i use to back up my databases, while my database is around 2gb big. I also tried to use my ssd with 420 free space out of 455 gb for backups this time.
    I emptied the temp folders but still had the same errors.
    I also enabled all permission settings and this didnt help either.
    I havent tried moving the windows temp directories since i didnt had a diffrent ssd close to me and my ssd had tons of free space as described above.
    I will send you the logs folder and hope this gives you the necessary information to help us solve the problem.

Thanks for the feedback. Free space is definitely not the issue based on that feedback so we will need to see a set of your logs after a failed backup sent in a support ticket as instructed at the end of my previous reply to try and figure out why it is failing.

I see you already sent the logs in support ticket #540021 and will review the logs and discuss them with our QA/Testing Manager and reply in your ticket once we have some suggestions. Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.
    Last edited by fozzy71; 08-24-2020 at 09:17 AM.