Asian Poker Clubs format, HM2 or EliteHud converter bug?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Asian Poker Clubs format, HM2 or EliteHud converter bug?

Hey.
    I use EliteHud converter, that collects hands in "PokerMaster" format.

I had a number of problems with the correct output of statistics, and the EliteHud programmers, after digging in my hand histories around two weeks, said that most likely the problem is precisely that HM2 incorrectly interprets the format.

When I asked the EliteHud programmer if he sure that their format was correctly perceived by HM2, they replied that "the format was agreed with HM2 team, we are partners".

So, if you are partners can you make fast check are there any errors in the converter, and determine if the converter writes HH with errors, or HM2 really misinterprets format.

1)First problem - the number of hands that are in the database per player and the number of hands that are displayed in the HUD do not match, because a large number of hands are interpreted as played with 0 players.

As you can see, player had totally 92 hands, but HUD show 57, because for 35 played hand "Number of opponents" = 0;
    92 - 35 = 57.
    This bug does not appear if the player refuses to use "HUD Filters" and uses its default setting.

2)Second Problem - Lack of 3Bet statistics.

As you can see on the picture, player Mobil2148 have 33% 3Bet and 40% Squeez, but HUD show always 0 for 3Bet stat.

3)Third Problem - hands that are generally misinterpreted by HM2 and not used in statistics. During the game, they can be viewed through VIEW feature on the game table without any visible problems, but after that they receive the date 01.01.0001, and a random image in Reports. They are not copied to the clipboard and the Replayer summons a random hand.

I will attach 2 files to this thread - one will have 2 hands that are generally mistakenly misinterpreted by HM2 with 01.01.0001 date, and 2nd file - some hands of player Mobil2148 from the screenshot above who loves 3Bet, but it can't be seen in the HUD.
    He also has problem # 3:

2020-08-18-12-15-30-PKDOM_IDNP_TXH28482-nohero.txt

bad_hands.RAR

In general, we need to understand where the error is: either the converter from your ElitHud partners does not record hands correctly, or these are HM2 bugs.

Ty.

I just tried the Hand2Note trial - everything shows perfectly. Hands do not disappear, there are no tables with 0 players.

In HM2 very many largest hands, where the players went Al-In, disappear. For example, this is how such hands look in Hold'em Manager,

and this is how they look in H2N:

Here is an example of hands that are perfectly visible in H2N but not in HM:

hands.rar

Some of these hands are visible to the Hero, but not visible to the other player. In this case statistics are distorted for the vilian.

Please correct. I don't really want to change the tracker, I have been using HM since 2011. But i use Notecady, and as i know it has problem with HM3. So, i still on HM2.
    Last edited by FALOs; 08-19-2020 at 10:22 AM.

This is likely related to their straddles which HM2 never had proper support for. I forwarded this for testing in both HM2 and HM3 as we are currently looking into some issues that HM3 is having with straddled hands.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    This is likely related to their straddles which HM2 never had proper support for. I forwarded this for testing in both HM2 and HM3 as we are currently looking into some issues that HM3 is having with straddled hands.
    Hey fozzy!

if I understand correctly the term "straddle", then it is not used in this playroom. At the end of the second message,
    I laid out 13 hands, you can watch their HH, there is no straddle - absolutely classic NL 6 max poker, with blinds.

I hope you will be able to somehow cope with this problem within a reasonable time.

I tested these hands and duplicated all of the issues in HM2. I asked our QA/Testing Manager if he wants me to document these issues for our developers but haven't got a reply yet, as I am not sure if they will have time to try and fix all of these issues you reported before the HM2 End of Life at the end of this year with all the other issues we already have documented for other sites that we also likely won't have time to resolve. All development of new features, tools and game type support will be focused on HM3. We will continue to support HM2 for bug fixes and parser updates until an end of life (“EOL”) date of December 31, 2020. See this FAQ for more information.

HM3 does not have any of these issues so you may want to give that a try if you were considering upgrading before the upgrade discount expires in 2 months. By purchasing HM2 you can upgrade to HM3 with a 25% discount before October 15th 2020. To use the discount please login to your HM account on our website and add the available discounted upgrade option to the cart and complete the purchase. You can see our upgrade policy FAQ here. And our HM3 Annual Support & Maintenance policy FAQ here. Important: The Annual Support & Maintenance is FREE for the first year with the purchase or upgrade.

This is likely related to their straddles which...

I found the EXACT cause of this bug.

It is surprisingly simple - the rake size.

As soon as it exceeds a certain value, the hand becomes "unreadable" and receives the date 01.01.0001.

For example, in the hand below, if you increase the rake value to 755 instead 754, and decrease
    B178EE04 collected $44846 from pot
    to $44845 this hand is no longer displayed and counted correctly in statistics.

PokerMaster Hand #290954616474: Hold'em No Limit ($500/$1000 USD) - 2020/08/18 20:07:18 UTC
    Table 'PKDOM_IDNP_TXH29095' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: PRODANA99 ($19800 in chips)
    Seat 2: DA7A0060 ($19800 in chips)
    Seat 4: CJJPT1 ($20000 in chips)
    Seat 6: B178EE04 ($52286 in chips)
    # {"gt":"NLTHP","tn":"PKDOM_IDNP_TXH29095","tid":290 95,"pn":{"0":"PRODANA99","1":"DA7A0060","3":"CJJPT 1","5":"B178EE04"},"pids":{"0":793838346,"1":74192 3780,"3":873802999,"5":498708505},"room":"Idnp"}
    B178EE04: posts small blind $500
    PRODANA99: posts big blind $1000
    DA7A0060: posts big blind $1000
    CJJPT1: posts big blind $1000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to B178EE04 [9h Jh]
    DA7A0060: checks
    CJJPT1: checks
    B178EE04: calls $500
    PRODANA99: raises $2000 to $3000
    DA7A0060: calls $2000
    CJJPT1: calls $2000
    B178EE04: calls $2000
    *** FLOP *** [5h 9c 6c]
    B178EE04: bets $9000
    PRODANA99: calls $9000
    DA7A0060: folds
    CJJPT1: folds
    *** TURN *** [5h 9c 6c] [Jd]
    B178EE04: bets $7800
    PRODANA99: calls $7800 and is all-in
    *** RIVER *** [5h 9c 6c Jd] [4c]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    B178EE04 collected $44846 from pot
    B178EE04: shows [9h Jh]
    PRODANA99: shows [9s Ks]
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $45600 | Rake $754
    Board [5h 9c 6c Jd 4c]
    Seat 1: PRODANA99 (big blind) showed [9s Ks] and lost with One pair, Nine
    Seat 2: DA7A0060 folded on the Flop
    Seat 4: CJJPT1 (button) folded on the Flop
    Seat 6: B178EE04 (small blind) showed [9h Jh] and won ($44232) with Two pair, Jack's and Nine's with a Six for a kicker
    And so for all the hands that I sent you above.

I did not see a clear relationship between the size of the pot and the size of the rake.
    In one case, the hand "breaks" when the rake exceeds 1.49% of the pot size, in the other case, when it exceeds 2.4%, in third case - 1.65% and so on.

After I change all "Rake $x" to "Rake $0" and made "collected $x from pot" = "Total pot $x" now i see that:

instead of that:

Can this be changed somehow from the user's side by changing something in the HM files?

It's easier for me to give up on rake calculations altogether than get a huge number of spoiled hands - but how can I do this?

fozzy, tell me please!

Thanks for the feedback. I will test this new hand, and retest all the previous hands/issues, this weekend and get it all documented for our developers and reply here once I have developer ticket numbers for what I wrote up.

Thanks for the feedback. I will test this new hand, and retest all the previous hands/issues, this weekend and get it all documented for our developers and reply here once I have developer ticket numbers for what I wrote up.

Thanks for the support. I really hope that the situation will be corrected. I tried to define the problem as precisely as possible for this.

Quote Originally Posted by FALOs View Post
    Thanks for the support. I really hope that the situation will be corrected. I tried to define the problem as precisely as possible for this.
    I tested that hand and duplicated the issue but the HM2 3Bet stat was still NA and the Number of Players report showed it as 0 players (and that new hand would not import to HM3 at all in it's original format or with the suggested edit) so I want to do some more testing before I document it (and the HM3 issue with that hand) then spend some more time re-testing all the previous hands again in detail to document any other issues I find in HM2 or HM3 such as the 3Bet NA and Number of Players = 0issues. It is a 3 day holiday weekend here in the states and I have some errands/chores to do as a result but I will keep this tab open to make sure I get it written up before the developers are back on Tuesday.

I tested that hand and duplicated the issue but the HM2 3Bet stat was still NA and the Number of Players report showed it as 0 players (and that new hand would not import to HM3 at all in it's original format or with the suggested edit) so I want to do some more testing before I document it (and the HM3 issue with that hand) then spend some more time re-testing all the previous hands again in detail to document any other issues I find in HM2 or HM3 such as the 3Bet NA and Number of Players = 0issues. It is a 3 day holiday weekend here in the states and I have some errands/chores to do as a result but I will keep this tab open to make sure I get it written up before the developers are back on Tuesday.

(and that new hand would not import to HM3 at all in it's original format or with the suggested edit)
    Wait, you can't import original 13 "bad hands" with 01.01.0001 date to HM3 or i misunderstood? For me with "corrected" rake to 0, all this 13 hands show Error while importing. Without correcting - they are imported without problem.

Now i have a rather funny situation - in HM3 I cannot properly display statistics on the table, it is shown in the wrong positions, and in HM2 some hands cause bugs.

Thanks for all this analysis, fozzy. I have become quite a lot "on the forum, but I'm trying to somehow rectify the situation and stay with my favorite tracker.