Huge file issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge file issue

Default Huge file issue

I had a problem about 6 weeks ago when trying to delete a bunch of old hands and for some reason the s/w froze and I had to restart. Then I get a warning that the storage on my laptop is full. I'm rubbish at anything like that so ended up taking it to a repair shop and the fella found a 20GB file in my hand history

It's happened again (memory gone from 80% to 100%) for no reason and I can't see anything. I'm fairly sure it's HM3 as my HUD was clunky and hands running real slow in the lead up to this

Is this some sort of fault that anyone is familiar with. I've uninstalled HM3 but it hasn't released any memory of note. I suspect if a monster file has been downloaded it's sitting somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post
    I had a problem about 6 weeks ago when trying to delete a bunch of old hands and for some reason the s/w froze and I had to restart. Then I get a warning that the storage on my laptop is full. I'm rubbish at anything like that so ended up taking it to a repair shop and the fella found a 20GB file in my hand history

It's happened again (memory gone from 80% to 100%) for no reason and I can't see anything. I'm fairly sure it's HM3 as my HUD was clunky and hands running real slow in the lead up to this

Is this some sort of fault that anyone is familiar with. I've uninstalled HM3 but it hasn't released any memory of note. I suspect if a monster file has been downloaded it's sitting somewhere else
    I found it and it's a 35GB txt file. I tried zipping it but I'm not overly tech savvy and can't get it to a small enough size to send to support or attach here

Deleted it and I'm not reinstalling HEM till I know what's going on

What folder did he/you find this in exactly, and what was the exact file name and type/extension?

Please 'Contact Support' with a link to this thread and your forum username.

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email.

If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like DropBox, then in Windows File Explorer right-click (DropBox Icon) 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using FileDropper.com or FireFox Send or Google Drive and copy/paste the download link to us.
    - https://help.dropbox.com/files-folde...utside-dropbox
    - https://support.google.com/drive/ans...DDesktop&hl=en

If you continue to have problems after reinstalling HM3: Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    What folder did he/you find this in exactly, and what was the exact file name and type/extension?

When sending any files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email.

If the attachment is larger than 10MB please upload them to a file hosting site like DropBox, then in Windows File Explorer right-click (DropBox Icon) 'Share' > 'Create Link' > Copy Link' and right-click > 'Paste' the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox try using FileDropper.com or FireFox Send or Google Drive and copy/paste the download link to us.

If you continue to have problems after reinstalling HM3: Please create a support ticket via the 'Contact Support' link with a link to this thread and your forum username. Please reproduce the problem and attach a set of log files and a screenshot and detailed description of the issue in the support ticket you created.
    Here is a picture

HEM3 issue.JPG

I can't compress the file to any less than 15MB and when I try to attach in dropbox I just get an error message

I'm not reinstalling HM3 until I know what the issue is and I have also been suffering horrible lag issues leading to hands timing out as well as disruption to my broadband which I assume is whatever is causing me to have these gigantic files dumped on me is also stealing bandwidth.

i find it tough to believe you guys have not come across this before

I have tried to reply to this but the post isn't appearing as it is with a moderator. Why is that?

Here is the file again HEM3 issue.JPG

It is old, so delete it.

Check with Dropbox to see what the issue is. Make sure you follow the steps to make it shared/public.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Posts can get sent to our moderation queue for a number of reasons such as links, images, suspected malicious code, or other reasons by our automated forum protection plugins. If you make a post on our forums and do not see it right away, please do not post it again and again.

That file is an old log file. You can help to reduce large log files by making sure you exit HM3 and close the HM3 server after you are done playing each session.

By default the HM3 Server will not close when you close the HM3 client. This is so you can still import hands and use the HUD even if the software is closed. When HM3 and the server are both closed you can get HM3 to this state using the 'HM3 HUD Only' desktop or start menu shortcut. If you want the import server to close when you close the main HM3 window you have to disable your Tools - Settings - General option to [ ] 'Keep HM3 running in HUD only mode upon exit'.

You can also keep logs as small as possible if you open the HM3 - Tools - Settings - 'Feature Logging' menu and make sure to 'Clear' any feature logging that might be enabled and reduce the 'Max. No of Log Files: = X' down to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by udbrky View Post
    It is old, so delete it.

Check with Dropbox to see what the issue is. Make sure you follow the steps to make it shared/public.
    Old? It was 3 days ago

I don't get as far as shared/public once the upload appears to have competed I simply get a message 'an error has occured'

Posts can get sent to our moderation queue for a number of reasons such as links, images, suspected malicious code, or other reasons by our automated forum protection plugins. If you make a post on our forums and do not see it right away, please do not post it again and again.

That file is an old log file. You can help to reduce large log files by making sure you exit HM3 and close the HM3 server after you are done playing each session.

By default the HM3 Server will not close when you close the HM3 client. This is so you can still import hands and use the HUD even if the software is closed. When HM3 and the server are both closed you can get HM3 to this state using the 'HM3 HUD Only' desktop or start menu shortcut. If you want the import server to close when you close the main HM3 window you have to disable your Tools - Settings - General option to [ ] 'Keep HM3 running in HUD only mode upon exit'.

You can also keep logs as small as possible if you open the HM3 - Tools - Settings - 'Feature Logging' menu and make sure to 'Clear' any feature logging that might be enabled and reduce the 'Max. No of Log Files: = X' down to 1.

That nearly makes sense but I fail to see how reducing the max number of log files to 1 is going to help when it is only 1 file that is causing the issue

Also if I go in now and clear feature logging (as I had already done) I guess this just resets.

In terms of the log out/shut down process you describe that's all well and good but this incident occurred whilst I was playing and not when I returned to the machine after a period of inactivity

You will probably appreciate that I have had a reply to my support ticket now saying I can forget it, delete the file it's just a log file and of no importance. I'm speechless!

If you read the log file name you can see that this file:

Was written by HM3 on 09Aug around 5pm and moved to the \Logs\Archive folder the next time you restarted HM3 and the HM3 server. I can't know why it was so big unless I could read it, but even if you could send it to us I most likely could not open such a large text/log file. If you set the 'Max No Of Log Files' to only 1 then it only keeps 1 set of our various logs in the \Logs\Archive directory instead of keeping 5 old log sets.