Huge file issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huge file issue

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    Posts can get sent to our moderation queue for a number of reasons such as links, images, suspected malicious code, or other reasons by our automated forum protection plugins. If you make a post on our forums and do not see it right away, please do not post it again and again.

That file is an old log file. You can help to reduce large log files by making sure you exit HM3 and close the HM3 server after you are done playing each session.

By default the HM3 Server will not close when you close the HM3 client. This is so you can still import hands and use the HUD even if the software is closed. When HM3 and the server are both closed you can get HM3 to this state using the 'HM3 HUD Only' desktop or start menu shortcut. If you want the import server to close when you close the main HM3 window you have to disable your Tools - Settings - General option to [ ] 'Keep HM3 running in HUD only mode upon exit'.

You can also keep logs as small as possible if you open the HM3 - Tools - Settings - 'Feature Logging' menu and make sure to 'Clear' any feature logging that might be enabled and reduce the 'Max. No of Log Files: = X' down to 1.

I'm sure I replied to this but nothing visible

The point about number of log files = 1 is surely irrelevant when it is only 1 log file that has wiped out my remaining memory?

Also by closing HEM3 'properly' (are you suggesting everyone does it this way?) will that mean I won't get such a gigantic file downloading while playing, as it did, it wasn't something that appeared next day

I can clear the feature logging but assume this is a one time solution ... meaning do I have to repeat that every x period of time?

I guess you know your support people have replied saying just delete the file, it's just a log file and it won't cause performance issues! It's a 35GB file which is as large as every other application and every single file I have added together!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post

The point about number of log files = 1 is surely irrelevant when it is only 1 log file that has wiped out my remaining memory?

Also by closing HEM3 'properly' (are you suggesting everyone does it this way?) will that mean I won't get such a gigantic file downloading while playing, as it did, it wasn't something that appeared next day

I can clear the feature logging but assume this is a one time solution ... meaning do I have to repeat that every x period of time?

I guess you know your support people have replied saying just delete the file, it's just a log file and it won't cause performance issues! It's a 35GB file which is as large as every other application and every single file I have added together!
    The file can fill up your drive and cause problems. That file is going to be impossible to get to us and really hard to open, so delete it, start fresh and play a shorter time to get a smaller file.
    Regards udbrky (Chris)

Quote Originally Posted by Rugrat View Post

No, that setting is not irrelevant. Once you change it to 1 and close HM3 and the HM3 server it will delete all but one set of \Logs\Archive files.

Most customers close HM3 and the HM3 server when they are done with their session or review. By default the HM3 Server will not close when you close the HM3 client. This is so you can still import hands and use the HUD even if the software is closed. When HM3 and the server are both closed you can get HM3 to this state using the 'HM3 HUD Only' desktop or start menu shortcut. If you want the import server to close when you close the main HM3 window you have to disable your Tools - Settings - General option to [ ] 'Keep HM3 running in HUD only mode upon exit'.

The feature logging should always be disabled, unless you report a problem and we ask you to enable one or some of them and send us log files. Once you have disabled/cleared them and saved the changes with the OK button they will remain off.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
    No, that setting is not irrelevant. Once you change it to 1 and close HM3 and the HM3 server it will delete all but one set of \Logs\Archive files.

Most customers close HM3 and the HM3 server when they are done with their session or review. By default the HM3 Server will not close when you close the HM3 client. This is so you can still import hands and use the HUD even if the software is closed. When HM3 and the server are both closed you can get HM3 to this state using the 'HM3 HUD Only' desktop or start menu shortcut. If you want the import server to close when you close the main HM3 window you have to disable your Tools - Settings - General option to [ ] 'Keep HM3 running in HUD only mode upon exit'.

The feature logging should always be disabled, unless you report a problem and we ask you to enable one or some of them and send us log files. Once you have disabled/cleared them and saved the changes with the OK button they will remain off.
    OK ... so I've changed to 1 file and cleared the feature logging. I've also disabled 'keep HM3 running' and when I close HEM now it disappears from my system tray so I guess that worked.

Also (as I assume you know) your Support found a 'rogue' folder destination in my import folder settings and so that has been removed.

Hopefully next time I play (tomorrow) things will run smoothly ... at least I feel we've now made some progress

You are very welcome. Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.