Syncing HM3 with an HM2 Cloud Database

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Syncing HM3 with an HM2 Cloud Database

I just downloaded HM3 and I am trying to set it up. My HM2 database was always synced to the cloud as I play on a desktop and a laptop I am not sure how to set this up on HM3?

I backed up my HM2 database which created a file with the .pghembk extension and HM3 does not seem to recognize this file when I try to import it.

When I try to do the default HM2 database import in HM3 from the File dropdown menu there are almost no hands that get imported, I don't know if that is because I use the cloud sync on HM2.

You can't import a HM Cloud database or HM2 postgresql database backup file to HM3 as HM3 uses SQLite instead of PSQL. The only way to import a HM2 database (with aliases, player/hand notes, rakeback/bonuses, etc) is by importing it directly from HM2 using the File - Import HM2 Database... method. You can also import your original hands from your C:\HM2Archive folder. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth (example: D:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with 7283+ it would be in \HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.* It is configured in the Site Setup - Auto Import Folders menu.

If your HM2 database is not importing from HM2 accurately and missing hands, etc, we need the HM2 database backup uploaded and sent to us as a download link so we can restore it to HM2 and test importing it to HM3.

Please create a support ticket with a link to this thread and your forum username.

Please backup your HM2 database/settings as explained here.

Make sure you also include screenshots of your reports and a detailed description by tournament number, session, hole cards, stat, etc. of some of the errors we need to test.

Then upload the backup file to to a file hosting site like or dropbox, then right-click - 'copy dropbox link' and paste the download link directly into the support ticket email. If you have any problems with dropbox please try using google drive or filedropper.com instead. Here is a direct link to your My Tickets page.
    - https://help.dropbox.com/files-folde...utside-dropbox
    - https://support.google.com/drive/ans...DDesktop&hl=en

Thank you for the advice. I managed to upload my hands by using "Import Folder" in HM3 and selecting the HM2 archive. I had moved it from its original location and that might be why the original HM2 database that I uploaded was incomplete. Everything should work fine now. Thanks again!

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know what solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.