Exporting everything to a new device

Default Exporting everything to a new device

I'm moving over to another device and I managed to simply copy and paste my databases effectively, and I could also export my HUDs properly, but I couldn't figure out how to export the "select stats" list of stats that show up in reports, or the saved filters.

I looked through the FAQ and couldn't find a mention of how to do it, and searching for other threads in the forum didn't show any results for me either.

Thanks for help!

The easiest way to transfer everything is typically via the Tools - Backup/Restore database options but we have a known issue right now (that will be fixed in our next release) that makes some manual steps necessary:

HMT-5654: Backup doesn’t include Config, Hud and Reports folders

You will need to copy those folders over manually to get your saved filters, HUDs, and saved reports.

Your actual uncompressed HM3 databases are stored in*C:\Users\{UserName}\Documents\Holdem Manager 3\Databases\.**Your personalized HM3 settings/files are stored in*C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Max Value Software\Holdem Manager\3.0\. If you can't see those folders/files, turn off the windows option that is hiding that directory. http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questio...es+in+Windows+

You may also want to transfer your archive folder if you do not have it shared on dropbox or google drive: All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM3Archive is in C:\HM3Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Network\Month\DayOfMonth (example: C:\HM3Archive\SiteName\HM3Archive\2016\07\31). It is configured in the Tools - Settings - Import menu.

That fixed everything, thank you!!

Doing it through the export/import even transferred tournament summaries so I get the correct net winnings.

You are very welcome. Thank you for letting us know it solved your problems. It helps us when crafting future replies to other customers with similar problems.

Good luck at the tables. If you have any further questions or problems do not hesitate to ask us.